About Course & Exam Session
Hammond, LA Food Protection Manager Exam & Course is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-Conference for Food Protection (CFP). The program blends the latest FDA Food Code, food safety research, and years of food sanitation training experience. Managers learn to implement essential food safety practices and create a culture of food safety. All content and materials are based on actual job tasks identified by a food service industry expert.
The HRBUniversal program is developed with the help of food service industry experts who face the same risks you do every day. HRBUniversal years of experience and inside knowledge of the food service industry are at the core of our courses, exams, and materials. We can prepare you to handle food sanitation risks because we have direct experience with it. We also have reliable materials, flexible options, and expert food safety educators.
- In-Person Food Protection Manager Exam & Course – Registration closes 7 calendar days prior to the course/exam date. HRBUniversal will supply Amazon Fire Tablet to complete the exam or participants may bring their own laptop or tablet for the proctored exam. $149.00
- Remote Food Protection Manager Exam & Course – This is an Instructor-Led Remote Food Protection Manager Exam & Course that is based on the FDA Food Code and taught in the format of the inspection report to allow participants to understand what the local regulator is reviewing in their operation. Upon completion of the remote course, the participant will request the remote proctored exam to be assigned. The participant will schedule their own time with Examity.com on a separate day from the course. $149.00
- In-Person Food Protection Manager Exam & Exam Access Code – HRBUniversal will supply Amazon Fire Tablet to complete the exam or participants may bring their own laptop or tablet for the proctored exam. $99.00
Course & Exam Schedule
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm – Lecture
- 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM – Lunch Break
- 3:30 PM – Exam Only Participants must be onsite
- 4:00 pm – Exam will be administered. Once the exam starts no one will be allowed in the exam room. Most people take 45 minutes to 1 hour to take the exam but you do have up to 2 hours to complete it.
- The location for this session is listed at the bottom of your ticket, confirmation email, and in the Time & Location area in the “HRBUniversal“ app. The final location will be sent once registration closes in order to ensure proper social distancing for participants.
- Please check your email and mobile app prior to attending your session for any changes. HRBUniversal & Eventbrite are not responsible for any emails blocked by your email provider or incorrect email address entered during registration. Please check your junk/spam/promotions folders if you do not see notifications in your inbox.
Need help or have questions?
- LIVE CHAT HELP DESK | Monday – Friday: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm CST
- As stated in the FDA Food Code – Section 2-102.12: The Person In Charge (PIC) shall be the Certified Food Protection Manager. Must be on duty at all times that food & beverage is being prepared and served. Please review local regulatory requirements for what is required in your area.
- HRUniversal has co-branded the Certified Food Protection Manager Exam with Responsible Training / Safeway Certifications, LLC. The Responsible Training & ANSI logo is displayed with all certificates verifiable at ResponsibleTraining.com.
- The exam is administered electronically only in person with an approved proctor or with a Remote/Virtual Proctor with Examity.com. The Food Protection Manager Certification Program consists of a 75-question multiple choice exam, which you must pass with 70% to be awarded a food manager certificate.
- This Certified Food Protection Manager Exam will assess your knowledge and understanding in:
- Highly Susceptible Populations and FDA Food Code Terminology – 6%
- Foodborne Illness – 8%
- Health Inspections and Facility Maintenance – 5%
- Food Management Responsibilities – 8%
- Food Controls – 25%
- Proper Cleaning and Sanitizing Measures for Food Equipment – 17%
- Employee Hygiene – 6%
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) – 19%
- Proper Use of Chemicals and Pest Control – 6%
- If the participant fails the Certified Food Protection Manager Exam the first time they may retake the exam a second time for free the same day but must complete it during the original exam time or at the next course/exam session held in the area held by HRBUniversal. If the participants want a full two hours to retest on the same day they will be charged a proctor fee of $50.00 which must be paid before the second exam is administered. Re-Test must be taken in the same format as the first exam was administered.
Study Materials & Books
- All registrations will receive a confirmation email with downloadable training materials as well in our mobile app “HRBUniversal” Apple App Store or Google Play App Store.
- This is a hybrid course meaning that self-study is required prior to the session with a review of the study guide, practice test, and watching select videos before the session date.
Registration Closing Dates
- Course & Paper Exam registration closes 14 calendar days prior to the course/exam date.
- Course & Computer/Tablet Exam registration closes 7 calendar days prior to the course/exam date.
- Exam-only registration will be open once the course & exam minimum of 8 people has been met and are computer/tablet-based exams only.
- Once registration closes for the in-person course & exam session closes 7 calendar days prior to the course/exam date the online/remote course & exam options will be opened for registration
Please view the following policies prior to registration.
- Instructor-Led Course & Exam Details – Download or View Online
- Terms of Service – Download or View Online
- Trademark & Copyright – Download or View Online
Bookings are closed for this event.