Private Special Processes Retail HACCP Training & Exam is approved by the International HACCP Alliance utilizing the SURE™ HACCP Food Safety Manager Program. This course is part of the most comprehensive retail HACCP product line on the market. The SURE™ HACCP Food Safety Series is dedicated to Safe, Useful, Responsible Education for foodservice and retail industry training.
Every operation serving or selling food needs to have a system in place that is uniquely designed to serve safe food. This specific food safety system is called HACCP, or Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point. HACCP is a system comprised of food safety, food defense, prerequisite programs, and the seven principles of HACCP that are applied to a written food safety program. This course provides participants with the knowledge to develop and write a food service or retail HACCP plan using the five-point HACCP Star training aid.
- Review of types of special processes – ROP, Fermentation, Smoking/Drying, Sprouting of Seeds & Beans and Juice
- Food safety prerequisite programs
- Food defense standard operating procedures
- Evaluation of hazards
- Determining critical control points
- Managing critical limits
- Establishing monitoring procedures
- Verifying the HACCP plan
- Corrective action
- Record keeping and proper documentation
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be prepared to take the HACCP Food Safety Manager Certification Examination to demonstrate knowledge of the HACCP system and its implementation. Successful completion of the examination will merit a HACCP Food Safety Manager Certification, which is valid for four years.
- ServSafe® Manager Book, 7th Edition & Proctored Paper Certification Exam
- SURE™ HACCP Food Safety Manager Manual & Proctored Paper Certification Exam
Books, Study Guide & Practice Exam(s)
- Once you have registered/paid for your training, you will receive a confirmation email with your study materials to download via a PDF link. The study guide does not replace the textbooks used during the classroom training but is designed to be a supplement to prepare you for the training and exam.
- SURE™ HACCP Food Safety Manager Manual & ServSafe® Manager Book, 7th Edition are shipped ahead of time at no extra cost via UPS Ground. If payment is received under 5 business days you will be charged shipping & handling for express shipping.
Courses & Exam Prices
- $1,950 for up to 6 people. Each person over 6 people the cost is $225.00 per person. These prices include UPS Ground Shipping of books to one location if booking is before 10 business days. If payment is received under 5 business days you will be charged shipping & handling for express shipping.
- You host on-site and/or off-site at a hotel. (You Supply)
- No Minimum of People, 30 People Maximum per Instructor/Proctor
- Day 1 – ServSafe® Manager Training & Exam
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Lecture – 8 Hour Lecture (Breaks given during the day)
- 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM – Lunch Break
- 5:00 PM – Exam Administered
- Day 2 – SURE™ HACCP Food Safety Manager Training & Exam
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Lecture – 8 Hour Lecture (Breaks given during the day)
- 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM – Lunch Break
- 5:00 PM – Exam Administered
Food & Beverage
- Everyone is on their own for lunch. Lunch break for 45-60 minutes depending on progress in the class.
- Casual/Business Casual
Course & Exam Language(s)
- This class is taught in English. Exams & Books are available in English Only. Please specify exam & book language during registration. If not specified English will be the default exam & book.