About Course & Exam Session
Alameda, CA SURE™ Food Safety Manager Instructor-Led Remote Course & ServSafe® Remote Exam – The leading solution for food service and retail establishments food safety is an essential part of any food service or retail operation. Understanding the risks and ways to prevent foodborne illness will protect customers and businesses from harm. The person in charge of a food service or retail establishment must know how and what food safety practices to monitor. Proper food safety training can lead to improved food safety, brand protection, and customer satisfaction. The SURE™ Food Safety Manager Instructor-Led Virtual Course is written to provide the person in charge of a food service or retail establishment with the knowledge and skills that they will need to keep food safe. Learning and applying food safety practices protects customers and businesses.
The SURE™ Food Safety Manager Instructor-Led Remote Course is designed for every food service or retail operation including restaurants, convenience stores, supermarkets, cruise ships, casinos, concessions, senior care facilities, hotels, resorts, bars, taverns, education institutions, airports, liquor stores, military, commissaries, contract food service, hospitals, and institutional food service.
The course is divided into three sections
- Section 1 – Foundations of Food Safety: The person in charge will study an overview of the regulations, food safety basics, microorganisms, and core food safety features. This section will build the foundation that a person in charge will need in order to apply food safety practices.
- Section 2 – Addressing the Five CDC Risk Factors: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has identified the five most common causes of foodborne illness. The person in charge will learn how to address these issues and control these risk factors in order to be able to serve and sell safe food in their operation.
- Section 3 – Proactive Food Safety System: Once a food safety foundation is built and the risk factors have been addressed, a food safety management system can be applied. Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is a proactive system that assesses the food safety hazards in an operation and identifies ways to prevent, eliminate, or reduce each hazard to a safe level. The person in charge will learn to apply the seven HACCP principles in their operation.
Upon completion of the SURE™ Food Safety Manager Instructor-Led Remote Course, participants will have the knowledge to safely serve and sell food to their customers. Participants will also be prepared to take an ANSI-CFP-accredited Food Protection Manager Examination.
Study Materials & Books
All registrations will receive a confirmation email with downloadable training materials, a mobile app invitation, and the URL of the Livestream. If you would like a copy of the current SURE™ Food Safety Manager Manual – $23.95 plus sale tax and shipping. Purchase at Instruis.com. HRBUniversal does not require the book to attend the Instructor-Led Remote Course but does strongly suggest you have a copy to prepare for the exam.
- You will need a webcam & microphone for the Instructor-Led remote courses on a computer or tablet in order to participate in the course. Test Equipment before connecting to the Remote Course – TEST LINK.
- For the best connection have your device connected directly to the internet router.
ServSafe® Certification Testing
More than 4 million food service professionals have been certified through the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Exam, which is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Conference for Food Protection (CFP). ServSafe meets the requirements of federal, state, and local jurisdictions more than any other food safety certification.
The ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification Exam is available in English, Spanish, and Chinese. The exam consists of 90 questions and 10 pilot questions, will take approximately 2 hours to complete, and requires a passing score of 70.
- ServSafe® Examination Examinee Handbook
- ServSafe® Examination Development FAQs
- You may take the exam twice within a 30-day period, if necessary. If three or more attempts are required, you must wait at least 60 days from your last attempt. No more than Four attempts are allowed in a 12-month period.
- Not passing the Exam is the only legitimate reason to retake the Exam
- Each time the exam is taken you will be charged. ServSafe® & HRBUniversal do not offer free retest.
- Use this Equipment Test to see if all needed requirements are met.
Once the SURE™ Food Safety Manager Instructor-Led Remote Course is completed and the participant can request to have the remote exam assigned to them once they are prepared for the exam. Once assigned the participant will schedule with ProctorU.com. ServSafe® & HRBUniversal do not control ProctorU.com’s schedule.
Need help or have questions?
LIVE CHAT HELP DESK | Monday – Friday: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm CST
As stated in the 2017 FDA Food Code – Section 2-102.12: The Person In Charge (PIC) shall be the Certified Food Protection Manager. Must be on duty at all times that food & beverage is being prepared and served. Please review local regulatory requirements for what is required in your area – ServSafe® Regulatory Map.
- Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam Details – Download or View Online
- Terms of Service – Download or View Online
- Trademark & Copyright – Download or View Online
By making a payment you allow HRBUniversal to record your IP Address as a digital signature as an acceptance of the agreement that you have read and agreed with the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam Details in order to proceed to the payment area. A copy of the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam Details will be included in your confirmation email.