USE DISCOUNT CODE: HACCP20NEHA at Check out to receive a 10% Discount
HACCP Basics for the Fresh and Fresh-cut Produce Industries is an online, self-paced course on the HACCP System and its prerequisites. The course is designed to assist participants in implementing a legally mandated food safety plan for bringing the safest possible raw vegetables and fruits to the market and is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.
Who Should Take the Course?
- Food safety personnel;
- HACCP Team Members;
- Quality Control and Assurance personnel;
- Production managers and staff;
- Anyone who is a food safety trainer or auditor.
The course curriculum consists of 12 modules covering topics on meeting government, industry, and auditor requirements for the development of a working HACCP plan, including Good Agricultural and Manufacturing Practices as well as the Food Safety Modernization Act.
Course Structure: The course is structured into 11 modules which included:
- Module 01 – What is HACCP?
- Module 02 – How big of a problem is Foodborne Illness? Who is at risk?
- Module 03 – Hazards covered in HACCP- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points
- Module 04 – Which illnesses can result from eating contaminated foods?
- Module 05 – What conditions do pathogens need to survive and grow in foods?
- Module 06 – HACCP – The overview
- Module 07 – HACCP prerequisites for agriculture
- Module 08 – HACCP prerequisites for processing of produce
- Module 09 – Your product and how it flows through your operation
- Module 10 – HACCP Principles 1-2-3 Hazard Analysis, Critical Control Points, Critical Limits
- Module 11 – HACCP principles 4-5-6 Monitoring, Corrective Actions, Verification
- Module 12 – HACCP principle 7 Record Keeping, Training, and Audits
At the end of each module, there is a test. Participants must successfully complete the test before continuing to the next module. Participants that do not achieve 80% can review the module content and try as many times as necessary to advance and complete the course. Test questions are randomly selected from a test bank, making each test unique.
Upon successfully completing all modules, there is a printable certificate for your records.
This online course is self-paced. Participants may leave the course at any time and can resume where they left off. The duration will depend on the individual participant and their prior knowledge of the subject matter. On average, the timeline for completion will be between 1-1.5 hours per module.