GHS (Globally Harmonized System) Training – The Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) is now aligned with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS). This update to the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) will provide a common and coherent approach to classifying chemicals and communicating hazard information on labels and safety data sheets. This update will also help reduce trade barriers and result in productivity improvements for American businesses that regularly handle, store, and use hazardous chemicals while providing cost savings for American businesses that periodically update safety data sheets and labels for chemicals covered under the hazard communication standard.
Hazard Communication Standard
In order to ensure chemical safety in the workplace, information about the identities and hazards of the chemicals must be available and understandable to workers. OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard (HCS) requires the development and dissemination of such information:
- Chemical manufacturers and importers are required to evaluate the hazards of the chemicals they produce or import, and prepare labels and safety data sheets to convey the hazard information to their downstream customers;
- All employers with hazardous chemicals in their workplaces must have labels and safety data sheets for their exposed workers, and train them to handle the chemicals appropriately.
Major changes to the Hazard Communication Standard
- Hazard classification: Provides specific criteria for the classification of health and physical hazards, as well as classification of mixtures.
- Labels: Chemical manufacturers and importers will be required to provide a label that includes a harmonized signal word, pictogram, and hazard statement for each hazard class and category. Precautionary statements must also be provided.
- Safety Data Sheets: Will now have a specified 16-section format.
- Information and training: Employers are required to train workers by December 1, 2013, on the new labels elements and safety data sheets format to facilitate recognition and understanding.
Use Coupon Code: 230224 for a 15% Off Discount on NEHA Online Courses
GHS Training for Managers and Supervisors
GHS Training for Managers and Supervisors provides a more comprehensive overview of the GHS than GHS Training for U.S. Workers, ensuring that managers and supervisors understand the GHS and can support the workplace transition to GHS labels and the new SDS format. The course provides employers with an immediate, cost-effective means of providing managers/supervisors with mandatory GHS training. To complete training, participants must pass mandatory testing to verify knowledge retention. When training has been completed, participants can immediately download/print a Certificate of Completion (the system also maintains a permanent electronic record).Purchase Now ($79.00)
GHS Training for U.S. Workers
GHS Training for U.S. Workers introduces workers to the GHS and provides them with the information necessary to readily locate information about workplace chemicals, as found on GHS product labels and on the new SDSs. This course provides employers with an immediate, cost-effective means of providing workers with mandatory GHS training. Most workers can complete the course in less than 30 minutes. To complete training, workers must pass mandatory testing to verify knowledge retention When training has been completed, workers can immediately download/print a Certificate of Completion (the system also maintains a permanent electronic record). Employers receive a special fee account where they can monitor employee progress as well as print reports.Purchase Now ($29.00)