TAP® Series Retail Food Safety Manager Certification Training (Supermarkets) unique teaching process allows for a real-time uninterrupted learning experience by using colorful graphics, animations, full-motion video, audio, and interactive learning exercises. We provide this media-rich training on any data connection, from the slowest dial-up to the fastest broadband. Major university studies show TAP® Series courses are so simple to use that person with virtually no computer experience use them easily. Educators appreciate the TAP® Series’ exceptional self-paced and self-teaching courses. The quality of these courses qualifies them for course credit while reducing already over-taxed time and facilities.
- Rated “Highly Recommended” by the National Association of City, County, State, and Federal Sanitation Regulators, NEHA.
- Online Food Safety training achieved a 100% certification examination first-time pass rate in a study conducted by The Ohio State University.
- University of Illinois study proves online is effective as a classroom.
- Offers the only training warranty. (Click here to see warranty requirements)
Is the most widely accepted, by regulatory agencies, on-line food manager’s training in the country. (Please check with your local and state agencies to see if the program is accepted).
This version of our food safety training course focuses on job tasks found in retail food operations. Unlike the original foodservice version, the retail version covers topics such as:
- Open, reach-in, and walk-in coolers
- Bakery and meat processing tools and operations
- Fish and meat counters, and deli operations
- Check-out areas
- Cool and room temperature holding of fruits and vegetables
- Produce misters
- Product labeling
- Ready-to-eat meals and other retail-oriented tasks
High-quality presentation and simple to use. Hours of video, audio, and interactive learning games, with all text and narration in English and Spanish. 97.3% first-time pass rate for those following warranty requirements. Qualified students that fail the examination are re-trained with no further cost. All the knowledge needed to pass any of the ANSI-accredited food managers approved exams is provided.
- Lesson One: The Need For Food Safety Training
- Lesson Two: Foodborne Illness: An Overview
- Lesson Three: Biological, Chemical, and Physical Contamination
- Lesson Four: Common Foodborne Illnesses and Intoxications
- Lesson Five: Hygiene, Health, and Food Safety
- Lesson Six: Purchasing and Receiving Foods
- Lesson Seven: Storing Food and Supplies
- Lesson Eight: Preparing and Cooking Food
- Lesson Nine: Serving Safe Food
- Lesson Ten: Equipment and Utensils
- Lesson Eleven: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson Twelve: Pest Control
- Lesson Thirteen: Facilities
- Lesson Fourteen: Management Control and HACCP Systems
- Lesson Fifteen: Practice Examination
Hundreds of major educational institutions, corporations, and government organizations use this program as a credit course of study and/or to prepare staff for the ANSI-accredited food manager examination.
All Online Courses are assigned with 24 Business Hours and once activated the course must be completed within 90 days of activation.
ALL ONLINE COURSE PURCHASE ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE.