This is a remote course over the Internet by an industry veteran that is a subject matter expert.
Whether or not students choose to drink, TiPS® for the University recognizes that at some point in their college careers, they will face situations where alcohol is being consumed. They may face scenarios involving alcohol abuse, underage drinking, or drunk driving, and incidents that can lead to property damage, alcohol liability, and human tragedy. Young people need strategies for creating safe, responsible, and socially enjoyable campus environments.
Students are in the best position to address drinking behaviors among their peers. They are close to the situation and understand the culture on their campuses. TiPS® develops students’ social skills and gives specific information for detecting when friends have had too much to drink or are getting into trouble with alcohol. Students learn specific strategies and skills for intervening in alcohol-related situations that may develop on campus. Unique in its approach, TiPS® brings together administrators, faculty, and students to create responsible campus atmospheres.
TiPS® for the University builds on students’ concerns for the safety of their peers. Students learn decision-making skills that help guide their behavior and are more likely to consider the consequences of their actions. In addition, students gain more confidence to intervene in difficult alcohol-related situations to prevent alcohol-related incidents on campuses such as property damage, injury, and drunk driving. Finally, TiPS® for the University provides liability protection for both the university and its student organizations.
- Information covered during the Instructor-Led Virtual Course & Exam session is for information & certification only and should not be considered legal advice. HRBUniversal is not a legal firm and all presents of the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam sessions are industry experts and not legal counsel. Please consult law enforcement or an attorney for regulatory advice for your business.
State Laws & Regulations
- Prior to registration please verify that your state or jurisdiction, responsible alcohol server, and seller training can be taken in a virtual format. View Regulations
TiPS® for University Exam
- Upon completion, all participants will be given voucher codes and instructions on how to take the certification exam at GetTips.com
Need help or have questions?
- LIVE CHAT HELP DESK | Monday – Friday: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm CST
- Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam Details – Download or View Online
- Terms of Service – Download or View Online
- Trademark & Copyright – Download or View Online
By making a payment you allow HRBUniversal to record your IP Address as a digital signature as an acceptance agreement that you have read and agree with the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam Details in order to proceed to the payment area. A copy of the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam Details will be included in your confirmation email.
No portion of the Instructor-Led Remote Course can be duplicated or transmitted in any form without prior written permission of HRBUniversal, LLC.