This is a remote course over the Internet by an industry veteran that is a subject matter expert.
The TIPS® approach recognizes that healthy seniors are often in the best position to promote their own health, as well as the safety of those around them. TIPS® for Seniors focuses on adult situations where alcohol is part of social interaction and teaches individuals about the risks of over-consumption. The program also covers alcohol and drug interactions, and behavioral indications that can alert others when someone has had too much alcohol.
In an increasingly impersonal society, alcohol can bring people together. However, there can be special challenges when alcohol is misused by seniors, including health risks associated with mixing alcohol and medication and risks to the community group when individuals misuse alcohol in settings designed to promote social interaction.
Participants improve their ability to communicate with friends and neighbors and learn how to intervene when alcohol is consumed improperly.
- Information covered during the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam session is for information & certification only and should not be considered legal advice. HRBUniversal is not a legal firm and all presents of the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam sessions are industry experts and not legal counsel. Please consult law enforcement or an attorney for regulatory advice for your business.
State Laws & Regulations
- Prior to registration please verify that your state or jurisdiction, responsible alcohol server, and seller training can be taken in a virtual format. View Regulations
TiPS® for Seniors Exam
- Upon completion, all participants will be given voucher codes and instructions on how to take the certification exam at GetTips.com
Need help or have questions?
- LIVE CHAT HELP DESK | Monday – Friday: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm CST
- Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam Details – Download or View Online
- Terms of Service – Download or View Online
- Trademark & Copyright – Download or View Online
By making a payment you allow HRBUniversal to record your IP Address as a digital signature as an acceptance agreement that you have read and agree with the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam Details in order to proceed to the payment area. A copy of the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam Details will be included in your confirmation email.
No portion of the Instructor-Led Remote Course can be duplicated or transmitted in any form without prior written permission of HRBUniversal, LLC.