Are you protecting your guests with food allergies?
For over four decades, the National Restaurant Association has devised and delivered the most highly respected food safety training for the foodservice industry through the ServSafe® program. Here some highlights from our newest ServSafe Allergens™ online training course.
When a guest notifies a staff member that someone in their party has a food allergy, follow the “Four R’s” listed here”
- Refer the food allergy concern to the chef, manager or person in charge.
- Review the food allergy with the guest and check ingredient labels.
- Remember to check the preparation procedure for potential cross-contact.
- Respond to the guest and inform them of your findings.
The interactive ServSafe Allergens™ Online Course drives home the critical information your employees and managers need in order to accommodate guests with food allergies and respond to emergencies should they occur. It’s comprehensive training you can trust.
- Food allergies are rapidly affecting more people every year.
- Common foods like peanut, tree nuts, milk, egg, soy, wheat, shellfish and fish cause most allergic reactions.
- Twice as many people are allergic to shellfish as nuts.
- While more than 160 food items can cause allergic reactions in people with food allergies, the law identifies the eight most common allergenic food items. These food items account for 90 percent of food-allergic reactions and are the food sources from which many other ingredients are derived.
- Studies indicate that half of all fatal food allergy reactions begin outside the home.
- Some states have – and more are expected to – pass legislation requiring food allergy training.
The interactive ServSafe Allergens™ Online Course provides the protection you need. It drives home the critical lessons your employees and managers need to know before an emergency occurs. It’s comprehensive training you can trust.
ServSafe®, ServSafe Alcohol®, ServSafe Food Handler®, ServSafe Allergens™, ServSafe Workplace®, ServSafe® International, ManageFirst®, NRA Culinary Exams, Foodservice Management Professional® (FMP®), ServSucess®, National Registry of Food Service Professionals® (NRFSP®) and American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI®) are registered trademarks of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, used under license by National Restaurant Association Solutions, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Restaurant Association.