- Check state and local regulatory information and your organization’s policies to determine your training and certification needs.
SELECT TRAINING AND EXAM OPTIONS
Select the training and exam option that best meets your needs, regulatory requirements, and schedule. You can use different formats for the course and exam. For example, you can take an instructor-led course and an online exam.
- Textbook and print exam available in English and Spanish
- Online course and online exam available in English
- Training and Exam Format: Choose online or classroom
- Exam Type: Choose the ServSafe Alcohol Primary Exam or ServSafe Alcohol Advanced Proctored Exam (regulatory requirements may determine which exam you take.)
FIND INSTRUCTOR/PROCTOR OR CLASS
- You need an Instructor if you are taking classroom training and exam. You will also need a Proctor if you are taking the ServSafe Alcohol Online Course and Advanced Proctored Exam.
- If you already have an instructor or proctor, skip this step.
- Find an instructor and contact him or her to schedule your training and exam. Or you can search for a scheduled class.
NOTE: Classroom training requires an instructor.
Proctored Online Training and Exam Option
- Find a proctor to administer your exam. The exam proctor will need to be physically present to administer an exam.
Primary Online Training and Exam Option
- You do not need an instructor or proctor for the ServSafe Alcohol Primary Online Program. Skip this step.
- Ask your instructor and proctor what materials you need to purchase. In some cases, the instructor will provide materials.
- Purchase the appropriate online course and exam.
- Complete your training.
- Upon passing the exam, you will receive your alcohol safety certification.