ServSafe® Online Courses gives you the option to train 365 days of the year, 7 days of the week & 24 hours a day on your schedule. This option gives you major flexibility in learning. Please keep in mind all Certified Food Manager Exams require to meet with a proctor or visit a Pearson Vue Testing Center. Food Manager online course does not include the exam access code or proctor/test center fee.
Online Course Best Practices
Follow these tips to maximize your learning experience with ServSafe Online Courses.
- Schedule your exam before starting the course. Knowing your exam date in advance will help you plan your learning schedule.
- View the course in several short sessions each no longer than 1 hour.
- ServSafe Manager Online Course: 8-10 hours in length.
- ServSafe Alcohol Online Course: approximately 4 hours in length.
- ServSafe Food Handler Course: 1 ½-2 hour in length.
- An ideal training schedule is one 1-hour session every other workday at approximately the same time of day. For longer courses, we recommend that you view the entire course within three weeks.
- View the course in a quiet space, away from noise and distractions. Use headphones if you must view the course in a busy location.
- Print the course Study Guides. Use them to take notes for review prior to the Exam.
- Complete the course at least two days prior to your exam date. This will allow time to study and review.
- Review your posttest scores. The scores by section screen will help to identify which course topics you should review before taking the exam.
- Print your scores by section and Record of Training after completing the course.
- You may need to submit one or both of these documents to the person who will administer your exam.
- $125.00 – ServSafe® Manager Online Course
- The ServSafe® Manager Online Course is ideal for individuals who wish to prepare to take the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification Exam. This interactive course has been designed using the latest techniques in learning theory, to deliver current food safety information, in a fun and easy-to-use format. The course covers critical principles including personal hygiene, cross-contamination, time and temperature, cleaning and sanitizing, and more. A practice exam is included at the end of the course to help prepare for the proctored ServSafe® Manager Certification exam that must be purchased separately. All purchases of the ServSafe Manager Online Course are final. Once you begin the course, you will have 90 days to complete it, at which time the course will be deactivated.
- Search/Schedule exam with an HRBUniversal Proctor or Pearson Vue Test Center
- $22.00 – ServSafe® Allergens Online Course/Assessment
- All online purchases are final. Before purchasing, review technical requirements and please read all the information below. Once the course is started, the participant will have 90 days to complete it, at which time the course will be deactivated. Massachusetts Residents, this course is NOT accepted in your state. Please click HERE to access our Approved MA Allergens Course and earn your MA Allergens Certificate.
- $30.00 – ServSafe Alcohol® Online Course and Primary Exam
- The ServSafe Alcohol Online Course provides the fundamentals of responsible alcohol service by combining interactive exercises, audio, and video and role-play activities to help prepare participants for real-life scenarios. Designed for convenience, this mobile-enabled four-hour course has a bookmark feature that allows users to easily return to where they left off.
- FOR ILLINOIS USERS: The ServSafe Alcohol Online Course and exam is BASSET approved for online and classroom delivery. Students will receive both a ServSafe Alcohol Certificate and the BASSET card. The BASSET card will be mailed directly to the student from the Illinois Liquor Control Commission.
- Find out if you can take ServSafe Alcohol Online in your state. Download the State Implementation Guide for Responsible Alcohol Service for your state.
- $30.00 – ServSafe Workplace® Sexual Harassment Prevention in the Restaurant
- Sexual Harassment Prevention in the Restaurant Industry was designed specifically to comply with state laws. The interactive Manager program is a comprehensive course covering all required topics. It is designed to help managers recognize harassment, investigate claims and create a safe, inclusive and respectful workplace.
- $30.00 – ServSafe Workplace® Understanding Unconscious Bias
- Understanding Unconscious Bias in Restaurants is an interactive program that sheds light on the existence of unconscious bias and guides restaurant managers in their interactions with guests and fellow employees. Developed in conjunction with the Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance (MFHA), the course is designed specifically for managers working in foodservice and includes restaurant-industry examples that depict a variety of scenarios in which unconscious bias may occur and the impact they can have on individuals as well as the work environment.
All Online Courses are assigned with 24 Business Hours and once activated the course must be completed within 90 days of activation. ALL ONLINE COURSE PURCHASE ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE.
Need help or have questions?
- LIVE CHAT HELP DESK | Monday – Friday : 7:30 am – 5:30 pm CST
- Find the Food Safety Management, Food Handling, and Alcohol Service regulatory requirements specific to your operating jurisdiction. ServSafe® training and testing programs are widely recognized and accepted for requirement fulfillment. – Regulatory Map.
Please view the following policies prior to registration.
- Refund Policy – Download or View Online
- Rescheduling Policy – Download or View Online
- Course & Exam Details – Download or View Online
By making a payment you allow HRBUniversal to record your IP Address as a digital signature as acceptance agreement that you have read and agree with the Refund Policy, Rescheduling Policy, and Course & Exam Details in order to proceed to the payment area. A copy of the Refund Policy, Rescheduling Policy, and Course & Exam Details will be included in your confirmation email.
ServSafe®, ServSafe Alcohol®, ServSafe Food Handler®, ServSafe Allergens™, ServSafe Workplace®, ServSafe® International, ManageFirst®, NRA Culinary Exams, Foodservice Management Professional® (FMP®), ServSucess®, National Registry of Food Service Professionals® (NRFSP®) and American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI®) are registered trademarks of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, used under license by National Restaurant Association Solutions, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Restaurant Association.