Check state and local regulatory information and your organization’s policies to determine your training and certification needs.
SELECT TRAINING AND EXAM OPTIONS
Select the training and exam option that best meets your needs, regulatory requirements and schedule. You can use different formats for the course and exam. For example, you can take an instructor-led course and on online exam.
- Training Languages:
- Textbooks available in English, Spanish, Chinese and Korean
- Online course available in English and Spanish
- Exam Languages:
- Print exam available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Canadian French
- Online exam available in English, Spanish
- Training Format: Choose online or classroom
- Exam Format: Choose online or classroom
FIND INSTRUCTOR/PROCTOR OR CLASS
If you already have an instructor or proctor, skip this step.
In most cases, the instructor and proctor are the same person who fulfills different responsibilities when teaching and administering the exam.
Find a proctor to administer your exam. The exam proctor will need to be physically present to administer an exam.
Ask your instructor and proctor what materials you need to purchase. In some cases, the instructor will provide materials.
Purchase the course and exam voucher.
Complete your training.
Upon passing the exam, you will receive your food safety certification from your proctor.