Oregon Food Safety State Requirements
Oregon Food Handlers
Oregon food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Oregon food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Oregon Health Authority
Oregon Food service workers are required to obtain a food handler card within 30 days of beginning work and are valid throughout any county Oregon. If you have a valid food manager training certificate, it is accepted in lieu of a food handler card. Food handler cards issued in other states are not valid in Oregon.
Source: Oregon Health Authority – Public Health Division – Food Manager Certification
Oregon Certified Food Managers
Oregon requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Oregon – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Oregon Food Safety State Regulations
- Oregon Health Authority – Public Health Division – Food Safety
- Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) – Chapter 333: Oregon Health Authority – Division 175: Food Handler Training
- Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) – Chapter 333: Oregon Health Authority – Division 150: Food Sanitation Rule – Chapter 2. Management and Personnel – OAR 333-150-0000 (PDF)
- Other Oregon Food Safety Forms, Rules & Guidelines
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) – Chapter 333: Oregon Health Authority – Division 162: Mobile Food Unit Rules
- City of Portland – Mobile Food Vendors
- Multnomah County – Mobile Food Unit
- City of Eugene – Food Vending Units (PDF)
- Food Carts Portland
- Oregon Berry Festival – Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Medford – Mobile food Vendors
Oregon Food Safety State Contact Info
Oregon Public Health Division
Foodborne Illness Prevention Program
800 NE Oregon Street, Suite 640
Portland, OR 97232
Phone: (971) 673-0451
We offer online Food Safety Training in Oregon for: Portland, Eugene, Salem, Gresham, Hillsboro, Beaverton, Bend, Medford, Springfield, Corvallis, Aloha, Albany, Tigard, Lake Oswego, Keizer, Grants Pass, and many more!