Oklahoma Food Safety State Requirements
Oklahoma Food Handlers
Oklahoma food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Oklahoma food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Oklahoma Certified Food Managers
Oklahoma requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Oklahoma – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Oklahoma Food Safety State Regulations
- Oklahoma Department of Health – Consumer Health Services – Foods
- Oklahoma Administrative Code – Title 310. Oklahoma Department of Health – Chapter 257. Food Service Establishments (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Oklahoma City County – Mobile Food Units
- City of Tulsa – Mobile Food Vending
- City of Oklahoma City – Special Events Guide (PDF)
- Tulsa Food Trucks – Facebook
- City of Owasso – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- City of Lawton – Mobile Food Vendors
- Town of Arcadia – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- Oklahoma City – Delmar Gardens Food Truck Park
- City of Norman – Temporary Mobile Food Vendors
Oklahoma Food Safety State Contact Info
Oklahoma State Department of Health
Consumer Health Services – Foods
1000 N.E. 10th Street
Phone: (405) 271-5243
We offer online Food Safety Training in Oklahoma for: Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Norman, Broken Arrow, Lawton, Edmond, Moore, Midwest City, Enid, Stillwater, Muskogee, Bartlesville, Owasso, Shawnee, Ponca City, Ardmore, Boise City, and many more!