New Hampshire Food Safety State Requirements
New Hampshire Food Handlers
New Hampshire food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. New Hampshire food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
New Hampshire Certified Food Managers
New Hampshire requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
New Hampshire – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
New Hampshire Food Safety State Regulations
- New Hampshire Administrative Code – Chapter He-P 2300 Sanitary Production and Distribution of Food
- New Hampshire Administrative Rules – Title X, Public Health, RSA 143, Sanitary Production & Distribution of Food
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- New Hampshire – Mobile Food Units
- City of Concord – Mobile Food Concession Trailers/Units (PDF)
- City of Hanover – Street Vendors (PDF)
- City of Portsmouth – Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Manchester – Temporary Food Permits/Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- City of Rochester – Temporary Food Establishments (PDF)
- Town of Hampton – Itinerant Vendors (PDF)
- The Cornish Fair – Food Vendors
- Food Truck Festivals – New Hampshire
New Hampshire Food Safety State Contact Info
New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHS)
Division of Public Health Services – Food Protection
29 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03301-4604
Phone: (603) 271-4589
We offer online Food Safety Training in New Hampshire for: Manchester, Nashua, Concord, Dover, Rochester, Keene, Derry, Portsmouth, Laconia, Lebanon, Claremont, Somersworth, Londonderry, Durham, Berlin, Hampton, Hanover, and many more!