Missouri Food Safety State Requirements
Missouri Food Handlers
Missouri food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the foodservice and hospitality industry. Missouri food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, daycare centers, and convenience stores).
Missouri Certified Food Managers
Missouri requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Missouri – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Missouri Food Safety State Regulations
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- City of Columbia – Mobile Food Vendor Guidelines
- City of Springfield – Mobile and Temporary Concessions Guidelines (PDF)
- City of St. Louis – Food Truck Permits
- City of Kansas City – Street Food Vendors (PDF)
- Jackson County – Mobile Food Vendor Guidelines (PDF)
- City of Bridgeton – Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Brentwood – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
- City of Creve Coeur – Food Truck/Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Warrensburg – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
- Kansas City Food Trucks – Roaming Hunger
Missouri Food Safety State Contact Info
Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services
P.O. Box 570,
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102
Phone: (866) 628-9891
We offer online Food Safety Training in Missouri for: Kansas City, St. Louis, Springfield, Independence, Columbia, Lee’s Summit, O’Fallon, St. Joseph, St. Charles, St. Peters, Blue Springs, Florissant, Joplin, Chesterfield, Jefferson City, Cape Girardeau, and many more!