Maine Food Safety State Requirements
Maine Food Handlers
Maine food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Maine food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Maine Certified Food Managers
Maine requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Maine’s Certified Food Protection Manager (CFPM) requirement became effective January 18, 2011. A certified food protection manager must also be hired within 60 days of a new eating establishment opening or when a certified food protection manager leaves employment. Source: Maine Certified Food Protection Manager Requirement (doc)
Accredited Maine Certified Food Protection Manager Course (CFPM) Provider (360training.com, Inc.).
Maine – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Maine Food Safety State Regulations
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Farm Stands & Famer’s Markets Mobile Vendor Guidelines (PDF)
- City of Portland – Food Truck Rules
- City of South Portland – Food Truck Ordinance Guidance (PDF)
- Maine-ly Lobstah – Mobile Food Truck
- The Maine Lobster Lady – Mobile Food Truck
Maine Food Safety State Contact Info
Maine Department of Health and Human Services
Health Inspection Program
28 Water Street
11 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333
Phone: (207) 287-5671
We offer online Food Safety Training in Maine for: Portland, Lewiston, Bangor, South Portland, Auburn, Biddeford, Sanford, Augusta, Saco, Westbrook, Waterville, Brunswick, Orono, Presque Isle, Brewer, Old Orchard Beach, and many more!