Instructor-Led ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification Training & Proctored Exam session is a One Day 8 Hour Training Class & Proctored Exam, accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-Conference for Food Protection (CFP). The program blends the latest FDA Food Code, food safety research and years of food sanitation training experience. Managers learn to implement essential food safety practices and create a culture of food safety. All content and materials are based on actual job tasks identified by foodservice industry experts.
Training covers these concepts:
- The Importance of Food Safety
- Good Personal Hygiene
- Time and Temperature Control
- Preventing Cross-Contamination
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Safe Food Preparation
- Receiving and Storing Food
- Methods of Thawing, Cooking, Cooling and Reheating Food
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- Food Safety Regulations
- And more . . .
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Lecture – 8 Hour Lecture (Breaks given during the day)
- 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM – Lunch Break
- 4:30 PM – Must be onsite for exam & online course/exam option
- 5:00 PM – Exam Administered (If you are taking a computer proctored the exam, make sure you bring your laptop with WiFi and create an account on ServSafe.com prior to exam). You have 2 hours to complete the test but most take 45 minutes to an hour
Books, Study Guide & Practice Exam(s):
- Once registration payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email with your study materials to download via a PDF link. The study guide does not replace the current ServSafe® Manager Book but is designed to be a supplement to prepare you for the training & exam. Confirmation emails are only sent to contact person email address only with information on how to access the study guide.
- If you would like to have the book shipped to you prior to Instructor-Led Course you may purchase in our online store or at ServSafe.com
- Also, you can access the study guide in the Apple or Google App Stores. Search for “WeGoHRB“. This is a free download.
Class & Exam Language:
- This class is taught in English.
- Paper Exams are available in English, Spanish, Korean, French Canadian, Japanese and Chinese.
- Computer Exams are available in English, Spanish, Chinese & Instructor (Instructor exams are only given during train the trainer sessions). Please specify exam language during registration. If not specified, English will be the default exam & book.
- If English is not your first language you are allowed to use English to Your Language paper dictionary during the exam.
- If you need the exam read to you or an interpreter you may request an exemption. This request must be 10 business days before class and must be approved by exam security department prior to exam date.
Instructor-Led Course & Exam location may change depending on the size of class registration. You will receive an Instructor-Led Course & Exam reminder via (3) three calendar days prior to the class with the final class location. All locations meet ADA requirements. If needing special accommodations please request during registration. These request must be made (15) fifteen business days prior to training class or exam
If you do not receive a confirmation email after registration please view your junk or spam folder. In order to ensure proper delivery of emails about Instructor-Led Course & Exam sessions, please add email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. HRBUniversal is not responsible if your email provider filters email correspondence.
HRBUniversal does not reschedule an Instructor-Led Course & Exam until Instructor-Led Course & Exam session registration is closed. Instructor-Led Course & Exam sessions close (7) seven business days at 9:00 AM CST. HRBUniversal reserves the right to reschedule any Instructor-Led Course & Exam or exam due to size, sickness, inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances and maybe under registration closing date. You will be notified via the email used for registration up to (3) three calendar days prior to Instructor-Led Course & Exam session date.
Instructor-Led Course & Exam sessions up to 6 people for are subject to be rescheduled if the minimum registration is not met. HRBUniversal reserves the right to combine classes in order to meet Instructor-Led Course & Exam session minimums within a 60-mile radius of the Instructor-Led Course & Exam session that the person has registered. If the Instructor-Led Course & Exam session has been rescheduled, your registration will be moved to the next Instructor-Led Course & Exam that will be held within a 60-mile radius of the original registration location within 60 days and you will be notified by email the day & time of training or exam session. Instructor-Led Course & Exam sessions may be rescheduled multiple times for a 60 day time period from the original class date until Instructor-Led Course & Exam session minimum is met.
If an attendee needs to reschedule. This request must be made by at https://hrbuni.com/request-reschedule-training-exam-date/ before (7) seven business days at 9:00 AM CST to be rescheduled at no extra cost. No, reschedule request will be taken by phone, chat or text. Rescheduling under (7) seven business days at 9:00 AM CST will be charged a $60.00 rescheduling fee to cover the cost of shipping of materials, meeting space and instructor fee. All request must be made by the contact person & contact persons email address. If rescheduled attendee may attend any Instructor-Led Course & Exam session that HRBUniversal holds any time up to 12 months. No refunds will be given for missed or participant cancelation of Instructor-Led Course & Exam registration if they can not attend the rescheduled training or exam session.
Pre-registration is required for all Instructor-Led Course & Exam sessions. Walk-in registration is subject to Instructor-Led Course & Exam space availability. All Instructor-Led Course & Exam cannot exceed 35 people. If a participant is not pre-registered there will be a $60 fee will be charged plus the Instructor-Led Course & Exam session cost. This must be paid by 12:00 PM the day of the Instructor-Led Course & Exam session to continue to sit in Instructor-Led Course & Exam session. Payment will be done by credit card or cash only (If paid by cash no receipt will be available on site and must have exact change.) The participants will only be able to take a proctored computer exam and must supply own computer. No printed materials will be available to the students due to no pre-registration for Instructor-Led Course & Exam session and do not qualify for discounted re-test.
No Show Attendance:
If the participant does not attend the Instructor-Led Course & Exam session. They may attend any class that HRBUniversal holds any time up to 12 months with a $60 rescheduling fee. The $60 must be paid prior to the rescheduled Instructor-Led Course & Exam. No refunds credits will be given for no-show attendance.
All registrations are final and non-refundable unless HRBUniversal does not conduct training or exam session within 60 days of the Instructor-Led Course & Exam session date within a 60-mile radius of the original Instructor-Led Course & Exam location. The participant may cancel (3) three business days after registration and receive a full refund unless registration is under (10) ten business days. All refunds will be processed on the 20th of the month and can be requested by contact person & contact persons email address. A refund request is not taken by phone, chat, or text and must be submitted via email at the following link http://hrbuni.com/refund-request/
The only person that can request a refund is the contact person. Name and email address must match the registration for the training class and/or exam session. A participant can not request a refund unless they are the contact person for the registration.
Certificate(s) & Score(s):
Beginning May 7, 2015, ServSafe will offer complimentary eCertificates for our entire suite of training products, including ServSafe Manager, Food Handler, Allergens, and Alcohol. The eCertificates will continue to fulfill ANSI requirements for the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification and now will provide both students and proctors instant access to certificates once the exams are graded. HRBUniversal cannot release scores over the phone, chat or email. All participants are given at the exam session the class/exam session number for all score(s) & certificate(s) to access on ServSafe.com.
– Computer exam score(s) & certificates are available within 24 hours of completing exam session.
– Paper exam score(s) & certificates are available within 10 business days of completing exam session.
– Immediate access for students to print, download, or email their eCertificates once the exam has been graded, via email notification.
– Flexibility for students to choose whether they would prefer to print or reprint their certificates directly from ServSafe.com for free or pay $10 to have a printed certificate mailed to them directly.
– Improved security and verification of the validity of certificates through the new addition of a QR code on the certificate and a corresponding certificate verification lookup function on ServSafe.com.
All other programs are scores will be available within 10 business days of the exam date and certificates are sent via US Mail within 30 days of exam date.
HRBUniversal does not guarantee any passing grade on any examination. If the class attendee does not pass the exam they may retest at a discounted price if these conditions are met:
– Must register for the class prior to class registration cut off.
– Registration must include a the Instructor-Led Coursebook with registration or purchased from HRBUniversal Online Store.
– Must complete ServSafe® Diagnostic Test prior to classroom training session and bring to Instructor-Led Course & Exam session. This is for all Food Manager Courses.
– Discounted re-test is only for people that have attended HRBUniversal Instructor-Led Course & Exam sessions. Online training, self-study, exam only or no book option do not qualify for the discount.
– Must request the re-test with 6 months of original training date.
– Can attend the Instructor-Led Course & Exam session for free and re-test for 50% of the exam proctor fee only one time.
Credit Card Payments:
All credit cards are processed the date registration is made and through a secure third-party website with SSL encryption. HRBUniversal does not maintain credit card information or process credit cards on its websites. If a credit card chargeback is initiated by the registrant a fraud investigation will be conducted with all information concerning the registration, payment and IP address used to law enforcement, regulatory, your credit card issuer, and our credit card processor. All certifications and/or scores are put on hold or voided by the issuing party and the regulatory authority will be notified to suspend or revoke all licenses and/or permits related to certification to operate the business. If no fraud is found during the investigation on behalf of HRBUniversal the registrant of training is responsible for all fees related to the collection of credit card chargeback. The fees may include postage, shipping, administrative and legal fees. These fees must be paid prior to reinstating certification to reissue licenses or permits. The registrant of training will be responsible for all fees to reissue licenses or permits to operate a business.
HRBUniversal accepts all personal and/or business checks. All checks must be received ten (10) business days prior to training/exam registration date for proper processing by our bank. If a returned check is received a fraud investigation will be conducted with all information concerning the registration, payment and IP address used to law enforcement, regulatory, the bank the check is drawn on, and our bank All certifications are put on hold or voided by the issuing party and the regulatory authority will be notified to suspend or revoke all licenses and/or permits related to certification to operate business. If no fraud is found during the investigation on behalf of HRBUniversal the registrant of training is responsible for all fees related to the collection of the returned check. The fees may include postage, shipping, administrative and legal fees. These fees must be paid prior to reinstating certification to reissue licenses or permits. The registrant of training will be responsible for all fees to reissue licenses or permits to operate the business.
IP Addresses are recorded and linked to all training and/or exam registrations. IP Address & Payment for training and/or exam sessions are considered a signature on a contract and you have read and agreed to the Course & Exam details.
Americans With Disabilities Act:
HRBUniversal wishes to make all training and/or exam session reasonably accessible by persons with disabilities as required by Title III (Public Accommodations and Services Operated by Private Entities) of the Americans With Disabilities Act. After paid training session registration the attendee will provide HRBUniversal in writing at least fifteen (15) business days prior to a training session of determined special needs. After paid exam session registration the attendee will provide HRBUniversal in writing at least ten (10) business days prior to exam session of determined exam accommodation and must be approved by the exam/security department of ServSafe. All request must be made in writing with medical support materials. All classroom training and/or training session are held at all ADA compliant facilities and provide access to all auxiliary aids and services available to participants provided by the facility.