This is a remote course over the Internet by an industry veteran that is a subject matter expert.
TiPS® for Off-Premise teaches your staff how to recognize when a customer is intoxicated or underage. In addition to preventing the illegal sale of alcohol, store employees learn how to handle intoxicated customers and keep them from harming themselves and others. The intervention techniques reflect the short period of time a clerk has to interact with a customer.
Even when alcohol is sold “to go,” employees may encounter alcohol-related problems. Clerks must be especially careful to avoid selling alcohol to underage or intoxicated customers and they usually have little time to assess the situation when making the sale.
TiPS® can help improve relations with your community. TiPS® training demonstrates a commitment to work to prevent alcohol-related problems and a desire to be a part of the solution. Liquor boards and local authorities tend to look favorably on stores that incorporate TiPS®, which can lead to more lenient penalties in the event of a liquor violation. TiPS® for Off-Premise can also help a store protect itself from possible litigation and often results in reduced liability insurance premiums.
- Information covered during the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam session is for information & certification only and should not be considered legal advice. HRBUniversal is not a legal firm and all presents of the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam sessions are industry experts and not legal counsel. Please consult law enforcement or an attorney for regulatory advice for your business.
State Laws & Regulations
- Prior to registration please verify that your state or jurisdiction, responsible alcohol server, and seller training can be taken in a virtual format. View Regulations
TiPS® for Off-Premise Exam
- Upon completion, all participants will be given voucher codes and instructions on how to take the certification exam at GetTips.com
Need help or have questions?
- LIVE CHAT HELP DESK | Monday – Friday: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm CST
- Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam Details – Download or View Online
- Terms of Service – Download or View Online
- Trademark & Copyright – Download or View Online
By making a payment you allow HRBUniversal to record your IP Address as a digital signature as an acceptance agreement that you have read and agree with the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam Details in order to proceed to the payment area. A copy of the Instructor-Led Remote Course & Exam Details will be included in your confirmation email.
No portion of the Instructor-Led Remote Course can be duplicated or transmitted in any form without prior written permission of HRBUniversal, LLC.