HACCP TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points or HACCP (/ˈhæsʌp/) is a systematic preventive approach to food safety from biological, chemical, and physical hazards in production processes that can cause the finished product to be unsafe, and designs measurements to reduce these risks to a safe level. In this manner, HACCP is referred as the prevention of hazards rather than finished product inspection. The HACCP system can be used at all stages of a food chain, from food production and preparation processes including packaging, distribution, etc. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) say that their mandatory HACCP programs for juice and meat are an effective approach to food safety and protecting public health. Meat HACCP systems are regulated by the USDA, while seafood and juice are regulated by the FDA. The use of HACCP is currently voluntary in other food industries.
- HACCP training and education is critical for the successful implementation of HACCP food safety principles and control procedures to prevent, eliminate, or reduce food illness hazards.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) estimates that because of foodborne illness 76 million people fall ill, 325,000 are hospitalized and 5,000 Americans die annually. Because of these alarming statistics, many states require food safety training.
- Food safety training does not only affect the sales and continued patronage of your establishment, but also public safety.
- Businesses are more likely to hire food safety trained handlers and are willing to pay higher wages to those trained.
Private Special Processes Retail HACCP Training & Exam
Private Special Processes Retail HACCP Training & Exam is approved by the International HACCP Alliance utilizing the SURE™ HACCP Food Safety Manager Program. This course is part of the most comprehensive retail HACCP product line on the market. The SURE™ HACCP Food Safety Series is dedicated to Safe, Useful, Responsible Education for foodservice and retail industry training.
Every operation serving or selling food needs to have a system in place that is uniquely designed to serve safe food. This specific food safety system is called HACCP, or Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point. HACCP is a system comprised of food safety, food defense, prerequisite programs, and the seven principles of HACCP that are applied to a written food safety program. This course provides participants with the knowledge to develop and write a food service or retail HACCP plan using the five-point HACCP Star training aid.
- Review of types of special processes – ROP, Fermentation, Smoking/Drying, Sprouting Seeds & Beans and Juice
- Food safety prerequisite programs
- Food defense standard operating procedures
- Evaluation of hazards
- Determining critical control points
- Managing critical limits
- Establishing monitoring procedures
- Verifying the HACCP plan
- Corrective action
- Record keeping and proper documentation
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be prepared to take the HACCP Food Safety Manager Certification Examination to demonstrate knowledge of the HACCP system and its implementation. Successful completion of the examination will merit an HACCP Food Safety Manager Certification, which is valid for four years.
- ServSafe® Manager Book, 7th Edition & Proctored Paper Certification Exam
- SURE™ HACCP Food Safety Manager Manual & Proctored Paper Certification Exam
Books, Study Guide & Practice Exam(s)
- Once you have registered/paid for your training, you will receive a confirmation email with your study materials to download via a PDF link. The study guide does not replace the textbooks used during the classroom training but is designed to be a supplement to prepare you for the training and exam.
- SURE™ HACCP Food Safety Manager Manual & ServSafe® Manager Book, 7th Edition are shipped ahead of time at no extra cost via UPS Ground. If payment is received under 5 business days you will be charged shipping & handling for express shipping.
- Also, you can access the study guide in the Apple or Google App Stores. Search for “WeGoHRB”. This is a free download.
Courses & Exam Prices
- $1,950 for up to 6 people. Each person over 6 people the cost is $225.00 per person. These prices include UPS Ground Shipping of books to one location if booking is before 10 business days. If payment is received under 5 business days you will be charged shipping & handling for express shipping.
- You host on site and/or off site at hotel. (You Supply)
- No Minimum of People, 30 People Maximum per Instructor/Proctor
- Day 1 – ServSafe® Manager Training & Exam
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Lecture – 8 Hour Lecture (Breaks given during the day)
- 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM – Lunch Break
- 5:00 PM – Exam Administered
- Day 2 – SURE™ HACCP Food Safety Manager Training & Exam
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Lecture – 8 Hour Lecture (Breaks given during the day)
- 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM – Lunch Break
- 5:00 PM – Exam Administered
Food & Beverage
- Everyone is on their own for lunch. Lunch break for 45-60 minutes depending on progress in the class.
- Casual/Business Casual
Course & Exam Language(s)
- This class is taught in English. Exams & Books are available in English Only. Please specify exam & book language during registration. If not specified English will be the default exam & book.
Instructor Lead Courses & Certification Exams
All HRBUniversal training classes with exam sessions registration close seven (7) business days before the class date at 9:00 am. If registration is still open only electronic tickets can be purchased.
(Click link for more information & registration)
At this time HRBUniversal does not have an Instructor Lead Courses & Exams in your area.
Online Training Courses
National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) Programs (Click link for more information & registration)
- HACCP Basics for Processors and Manufacturers Bundle – HACCP Basics for Processors and Manufacturers is an online, self-paced course on the HACCP System and its prerequisites. The course focus is on the HACCP method to prevent unwanted hazards from being introduced into your manufacturing or processing operations. The course is recognized and accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.
- HACCP Basics for Processors and Manufacturers – HACCP Basics for Processors and Manufacturers is an online, self-paced course on the HACCP System and its prerequisites. The course focus is on the HACCP method to prevent unwanted hazards from being introduced into your manufacturing or processing operations. The course is recognized and accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.
- HACCP Basics for the Fresh and Fresh-cut Produce – HACCP Basics for the Fresh and Fresh-cut Produce Industries is an online, self-paced course on the HACCP System and its prerequisites. The course is designed to assist participants in implementing a legally mandated food safety plan for bringing the safest possible raw vegetables and fruits to market and is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.
- Managing Hazards at the Retail Level Bundle – Managing Hazards at the Retail Level is an online, self-paced course on the HACCP System and its prerequisites. The course is designed to meet the requirements for HACCP team and staff training and to provide front line food safety personnel in restaurants and supermarkets and is accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.
- Managing Hazards at the Retail Level – Managing Hazards at the Retail Level is an online, self-paced course on the HACCP System and its prerequisites. Offered and certified by NEHA the course is further accredited by the International HACCP Alliance. The course is designed to meet the requirements for HACCP team and staff training and to provide front line food safety personnel in restaurants and supermarkets with an understanding of how their behavior and active participation in creating, implementing and maintaining a HACCP plan can greatly impact the likelihood of success. Special emphasis is placed on the Process HACCP approach.
- HACCP Basics for the Bottled Water Processors – HACCP Basics for Bottled Water Processors is an online, self-paced course on the HACCP System and its prerequisites. The course focus is on the HACCP method to prevent unwanted hazards from being introduced into your bottled water operations. The course is recognized and accredited by the International HACCP Alliance.
Tap Series Programs (Click link for more information & registration)
- HACCP Managers Certificate Course – Developed in conjunction with NSF International, TAP Series is proud to provide this exclusive online HACCP Managers Certificate Course. This course meets both nationally and internationally accepted HACCP standards. It contains the information needed to effectively participate in the organization, development, implementation, and management of a successful HACCP plan. The student will experience practical, real world interactive case studies that cover the “five preliminary steps” of a HACCP plan and the application of its “seven principles”. Also included are HACCP plan development forms that can be printed and used to create a HACCP program. The course provides the foundational knowledge needed to comply with the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act. Successful completion of this course provides a certificate recognized by the American Culinary Federation for 15 hours of continuing education credits. This course is a must for food industry education, food manufacturers, health care facilities, food service operations, retail food purveyors and any organization or business that handles or transports food products.
HRB360U.com Programs powered by Learn2Serve (Click link for more information & registration)
- Food Safety HACCP for Retail Establishments – Accredited by the International HACCP Alliance, this course presents the characteristics and application of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), a risk prevention management methodology that applies appropriate science and technology to plan, control, and document safe food processes in a food facility, consistent with the FDA’s desire to implement voluntary HACCP. The course first examines HACCP’s principles and concepts. The HACCP approach begins by identifying biological, chemical, and physical hazards (inputs to the system) associated with facility construction, equipment, employees, food and supplies. For prerequisite processes (e.g., personal hygiene and training; equipment and facility cleaning, sanitizing, and maintenance; receiving and storage); and for food processes (e.g., cooking, hot and cold holding, and cooling), this course presents scientifically validated hazard control procedures that prevent, eliminate, or reduce hazards to levels that protect public health. Finally, this course describes how HACCP is applied through Active Managerial Control (AMC) to establish a functional food safety management system.
- HACCP: A State-of-the-art Approach to Food Safety Course – This course imparts knowledge about precautions and exercises that need to be taken in order to reduce food safety hazards in conjunction with the HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) system. For a reasonable price, you can learn how the Hazard Analysis Critical Point system (HACCP) reduces food safety hazards.
- Learn2Serve Seafood HACCP – A HACCP plan documents the procedures used to ensure that the principles of HACCP are followed. It dictates the methods used to monitor and control chemical, physical, and biological hazards. It also directs the use of appropriate resources and timely responses to problems. Information in this course comes from the “Hazardous Analysis and Critical Control Point Principles and Application Guidelines” adopted by the USDA and FDA National Advisory Committee on Microbiological Criteria for Foods (NACMCF) in August 1997. In addition to the enhanced assurance of food safety, the information helps illustrate that an organization benefits from the better use of resources and a timely response to problems.
Certified Food Safety HACCP Manager (CFSHM) Testing Centers
NRFSP® exam sessions registration close three (3) business days before the exam date at 9:00 am. If registration is still open only electronic tickets can be purchased.
(Click link for more information & registration)
Designed for: Food Safety Professionals in manufacturing, process, food safety management audits. A HACCP Manager is a professional who has the ability to develop, implement, and maintain a risk-based food safety system by applying HACCP principles to ensure a safe food supply. The purpose of the HACCP exam is to identify individuals who demonstrate that their knowledge and skills meet specified food safety standards related to HACCP principles.