OSHA has revised its Hazard Communication Standard to include new GHS labeling elements and a GHS standardized format for Safety Data Sheets (formerly known as Material Safety Data Sheets). This course introduces workers to the GHS and provides them with the information necessary to readily locate information about workplace chemicals, as found on GHS product labels and on the new SDSs.
Who Should Take the Course?
This course is designed for U.S. workers who have the literacy skills required to read and understand print material.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what the GHS is and why it is being adopted by the United States
- Identify and describe each of the 6 required elements of a GHS product label
- Know what type of information is found in each of the 16 sections of a SDS
At the end of the course, there is a test. To confirm their understanding of course content, participants must successfully complete the test. Participants that do not achieve 100% can review the content and re‐take the test as many times as necessary. Test questions are randomly selected from a test bank, making each test unique.
Upon successfully completing all modules, there is a printable certificate for your records.
This online course is self‐paced. Participants may leave the course at anytime and can resume where they left off.The duration will depend on individual learning style and prior knowledge of the subject matter. Most participants will complete the course in less than 30 minutes
GHS Training for U.S. Workers
Enter Coupon Code 344809 and receive a 15% discount from HRBUniversal.
- HACCP Basics for Processors and Manufacturers
- HACCP Basics for Processors and Manufacturers - Bundle
- HACCP Basics for the Fresh and Fresh-Cut Produce Industry
- HACCP Managing Food Safety at the Retail Level Bundle
- HACCP Managing Food Safety at the Retail Level
- HACCP for Food Handlers
- HACCP Basics for the Bottled Water Processors
- Certified Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS)
- Certified Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS) Bundle
- GHS Training for Managers & Supervisors
- GHS Training for U.S. Workers