West Virginia Food Safety State Requirements
West Virginia Food Handlers
West Virginia food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. West Virginia food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, daycare centers, and convenience stores).
West Virginia Certified Food Managers
West Virginia requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
West Virginia – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
West Virginia Food Safety State Regulations
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Berkeley, WV – Mobile Food Service Establishment (PDF)
- City of Portsmouth – Mobile Food Establishments
West Virginia Food Safety State Contact Info
West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources
Office of Environmental Health Services
Public Health Sanitation Division
350 Capitol Street, Rm. 313
Charleston, WV 25301
Phone: (304) 558-2981
We offer online Food Safety Training in West Virginia for: Charleston, Huntington, Parkersburg, Morgantown, Wheeling, Weirton, Fairmont, Beckley, Martinsburg, Clarksburg, Teays Valley, South Charleston, Cross Lanes, St. Albans, Vienna, Bluefield, and many more!