Vermont Food Safety State Requirements
Vermont Food Handlers
Vermont food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the foodservice and hospitality industry. Vermont food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, daycare centers, and convenience stores).
Vermont Certified Food Managers
Vermont requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Vermont – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Vermont Food Safety State Regulations
- Vermont Department of Health – Food Service Establishments (PDF)
- Vermont Rules Regulating Food & Lodging Establishments
- Vermont Administrative Rules – Title 18: Health – Chapter 85: Food Establishments – Subchapter 1: Food Establishments
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Vermont – Temporary Food Vendors
- Vermont Farmer’s Market – Food Vendors
- The Hindquarter – Burlington
- Arts Riot – Truck Stop
Vermont Food Safety State Contact Info
Vermont Department of Health
Food and Lodging Program
108 Cherry St., PO Box 70
Burlington, VT 05402
Phone: 800-439-8550 or 802-863-7221
We offer online Food Safety Training in Vermont for: Burlington, South Burlington, Rutland, Essex Junction, Barre, Bennington, Montpelier, Winooski, Brattleboro, St. Albans, Middlebury, St. Johnsbury, Newport, Springfield, Bellows Falls, West Brattleboro, and many more!