Tennessee Food Safety State Requirements
Tennessee Food Handlers
Tennessee food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Tennessee food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Tennessee Certified Food Managers
Tennessee requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Tennessee – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Tennessee Food Safety State Regulations
- Tennessee Department of Health – Food Service Establishments
- Tennessee Food Safety Act
- Tennessee Department of Health – Chapter 1200-23-01 – Food Service Establishments (PDF)
- Tennessee Food Code – Chapter 0080-04-09-.02 Management and Personnel (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- City of Nashville – Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Bristol – Mobile Food Vending
- City of Knoxville – Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Memphis – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- Knoxville Food Trucks
- City of Clarksville – Mobile Food Vendors
- Nashville Lifestyles – Food Truck Guide
- Nashville Food Truck Association
- Memphis Food Truckers
- City of Bristol – Mobile Food Vendor Permit
Tennessee Food Safety State Contact Info
Tennessee Department of Health
Division of Environmental Health – Food Service Establishments
710 James Robertson Parkway
Andrew Johnson Tower, 4th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone: (615) 741-7206
We offer online Food Safety Training in Tennessee for: Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Clarksville, Murfreesboro, Jackson, Franklin, Johnson City, Bartlett, Hendersonville, Kingsport, Collierville, Cleveland, Smyrna, Germantown, and many more!