South Carolina Food Safety State Requirements
South Carolina Food Handlers
South Carolina food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. South Carolina food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
South Carolina Certified Food Managers
South Carolina requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
South Carolina – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
South Carolina Food Safety State Regulations
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- South Carolina DHEC Fact Sheet – Mobile Food Establishments (PDF)
- South Carolina – Food Cart Vendors
- Myrtle Beach Restaurant News – Food Truck Regulations
- South Carolina Festivals & Events
- City of Greenville – Food Truck Permits
- City of Spartanburg – Food Trucks
- City of Charleston – Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Columbia – Food Trucks
- Food Truck Food Court Columbia – Facebook
- Friends of Columbia, SC’s Food Trucks, and Food Carts – Facebook
- Columbia Metropolitan – Truckin around the Midlands
South Carolina Food Safety State Contact Info
South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC)
Bureau of Environmental Health
Division of Food Protection
2600 Bull Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Phone: (803) 896-0640
We offer online Food Safety Training in South Carolina for: Columbia, Charleston, North Charleston, Mount Pleasant, Rock Hill, Greenville, Summerville, Sumter, Hilton Head Island, Spartanburg, Florence, Goose Creek, Aiken, Myrtle Beach, Anderson, Greer, Greenwood, Mauldin, Taylors, North Augusta, St. Andrews, Easley, Wade Hampton, Socastee, Simpsonville, Hanahan, Lexington, Conway, Seven Oaks, and many more!