Upcoming Alabama ServSafe® Training & Exams – Learn more about ServSafe® Food Managers Certification Training, the most current and comprehensive food training program in the industry, helping 5 million food service professionals learn how to handle and serve food and alcohol safely. ServSafe®, created and maintained by the National Restaurant Association, delivers an effective and highly regarded food safety program that businesses large and small depend on to safeguard the health and well-being of all. involved. The ServSafe® training & exam meets all regulatory requirement & QA specs for Hotel & Restaurant Brands.
FOOD SAFETY TRAINING & EXAM REQUIREMENT SUMMARY
Food Code Requirement: By 1/1/2010 at least one person in charge in a Risk 3 or Risk 4 establishment shall be a certified food protection manager who has shown proficiency of required information through obtaining a food safety certificate by passing a food safety certification examination administered by an accredited certifying program recognized by the Conference for Food Protection. For multiple permitted establishments within one physical structure and under the same operation ownership, such as multiple departments within one retail grocery store, the permit holder or their designee may be any one person with supervisory authority over any department.
- Class & Exam Type: Online & Classroom Training and Exams are excepted to meet Alabama Food Code Requirement.
- Certificate Renewal: Valid for 5 years and must present the original certificate. Photocopies are not accepted.
- Instructor Requirements: Certification courses must be taught by a local environmental health specialist or a food and nutrition health specialist. (registered ServSafe instructor or equivalent).
- Miscellaneous: The 2 point bonus on inspection to a facility that has a certified food safety manager on staff ends 12-31-2009. Beginning 12-31-2009 there will be 5 points deducted if no certification.
- Current Scheduled Classes: Private Classes of 6 or more are valuable 7 days a week upon request. Email us for more details.
ONLINE TRAINING & EXAM OPTIONS
- ServSafe® Manager Online Course: With the 24/7 access to online training products, you are always in control of how, where and when employees train. In addition, online exams allow you to access immediate results. Enroll Now
- ServSafe® Food Protection Food Manager Computer Exam: Only Registered ServSafe® Instructors or Proctors may administer the ServSafe® Food Protection Food Manager Computer Exam. Request an Exam Proctor
- ServSafe® Food Handler Online Course & Assessment: Learn basic food safety practices for preparing and serving food. Earn your food handler certificate from the foodservice experts, the National Restaurant Association. Enroll Now
- ServSafe® Allergens Online Course & Assessment: Interactive course drives home critical information your employees and managers need in order to accommodate guests with food allergies. Enroll Now
ServSafe® Food Manager – The ServSafe® program provides food safety training, exams and educational materials to foodservice managers. Students can earn the ServSafe® Food Protection Manager Certification, accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-Conference for Food Protection (CFP).
The program blends the latest FDA Food Code, food safety research and years of food sanitation training experience. Managers learn to implement essential food safety practices and create a culture of food safety. All content and materials are based on actual job tasks identified by foodservice industry experts.
Trust the only food safety program with roots in the foodservice industry to help you protect customer health, improve employee performance and preserve business reputation.
ServSafe® Food Handler – The premier provider of food safety training is proud to offer solutions to meet any food handler training need. Whether you are an employee seeking your Food Handler Card or an operation seeking a compliant solution for your employees, the National Restaurant Association’s ServSafe® Food Handler Program has a product that’s right for you.
The ServSafe® Food Handler Program is available in formats tailored to your learning environment.
ServSafe Alcohol® – The ServSafe Alcohol® program prepares bartenders, servers, hosts, bussers, valets, bouncers and all front-of-house staff to effectively and safely handle difficult situations in your operation.
Alcohol service involves many risks. Failure to act responsibly could result in fines, imprisonment, losing your liquor license, increased insurance costs, or losing your business.
Prepare yourself to handle these risks with responsible alcohol training from a trusted and experienced source, the National Restaurant Association.
Students choose from two exams when registering for a course. The ServSafe Alcohol® Primary Exam tests basic understanding. The ServSafe Alcohol® Advanced Proctored Exam tests proficiency in key concepts.
ServSafe Allergens™ – The ServSafe Allergens™ online, interactive course drives home critical information your employees and managers need in order to accommodate guests with food allergies. The ServSafe Allergens online course covers such topics as identifying allergens, communication with the guest, preventing cross-contact, food labels and more.
ServSafe® , ServSafe Alcohol ®, ServSafe® Allergens, ManageFirst®, & Food Service Profesional® (FMP) are a registered trademark of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, used under license by National Restaurant Association Solutions, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of the National Restaurant Association.