Food Handler Courses & Exams are for line-level employees only.
If you are an owner, manager, or run a shift you must be a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Albany, CA ServSafe Food Handler® Online Course and Assessment is a comprehensive solution that delivers consistent food safety training to employees. This ensures the same food safety principles are delivered each and every time.
- Sections can be completed in approximately 10 minutes.
- Color photographs from the learner’s point of view help reinforce food safety concepts.
- Enhanced assessment can be taken at the completion of training to measure if employees have the minimum competency in food safety knowledge.
- Once the course has been purchased and launched, participants can select to take the course in English, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Korean, or Vietnamese.
Covers five key areas:
- Basic Food Safety
- Personal Hygiene
- Cross-Contamination & Allergens
- Time and Temperature
- Cleaning and Sanitation
Languages: English/Spanish/Simplified Chinese/Korean/Vietnamese
Exam Type: Three attempts at the online assessment are Included
Certificate: ServSafe Food Handler® Certificate is valid for three years
All Online Courses are assigned with 24 Business Hours and once activated the course must be completed within 90 days of activation.
ALL ONLINE COURSE PURCHASES ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE.
Online Course Best Practices
Follow these tips to maximize your learning experience with ServSafe Online Courses.
- Schedule your exam before starting the course. Knowing your exam date in advance will help you plan your learning schedule.
- View the course in several short sessions each no longer than 1 hour.
- ServSafe Manager Online Course: 8-10 hours in length.
- ServSafe Alcohol Online Course: approximately 4 hours in length.
- ServSafe Food Handler Course: 1 ½-2 hour in length.
- ServSafe Allergens™ Course: 1 ½-2 hour in length.
- An ideal training schedule is one 1-hour session every other workday at approximately the same time of day. For longer courses, we recommend that you view the entire course within three weeks.
- View the course in a quiet space, away from noise and distractions. Use headphones if you must view the course in a busy location.
- Print the course Study Guides. Use them to take notes for review prior to the Exam.
- Complete the course at least two days prior to your exam date. This will allow time to study and review.
- Review your post-test scores. The scores by section screen will help to identify which course topics you should review before taking the exam.
- Print your scores by section and Record of Training after completing the course.
- You may need to submit one or both of these documents to the person who will administer your exam.
Need help or have questions?
- LIVE CHAT HELP DESK | Monday – Friday: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm CST
- Find the Food Safety Management, Food Handling, and Alcohol Service regulatory requirements specific to your operating jurisdiction. ServSafe® training and testing programs are widely recognized and accepted for requirement fulfillment. – Regulatory Map.
ServSafe®, ServSafe Alcohol®, ServSafe Food Handler®, ServSafe Allergens™, ServSafe Workplace®, ServSafe® International, ManageFirst®, NRA Culinary Exams, Foodservice Management Professional® (FMP®), ServSucess®, National Registry of Food Service Professionals® (NRFSP®) and American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI®) are registered trademarks of the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, used under license by National Restaurant Association Solutions, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Restaurant Association.