00076 NSF International (2006) Owners and managers of food service establishments have a responsibility to provide safe food to their customers. Operators need to understand that the consequences of inadequate food safety knowledge or poor hygienic practices can be very serious. In this class, participants will learn their responsibilities as they relate to providing safe food to customers. Chapter 2 Hazards and Sources of Contamination Food Allergies Chapter 3 Employee Health and Personal Hygiene
HealthGuard: Professional Food Manager Certification Training
This course focuses primarily on the following areas of safety:
This course can be used on its own by individuals taught in either a one or two day format and is customizable to client specific needs in order to prepare food operators for one of the three nationally accredited exams—Environmental Health Testing (National Registry of Food Safety Professionals), Prometric LLC and ServSafe®.
Features include: The lowest price among comparable national course books.
196 pages, paperback.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction to Food Safety
Introduction to Foodborne Illness
Rights and Responsibilities
Potentially Hazardous Foods (Time Temperature Control for Safety Food)
Five Risk Factors for Foodborne Illness
How to Ensure Food Safety
Person in Charge
Food Safety Hazards
Bacteria and FAT TOM
Fungi, Molds and Yeasts
Employee Health and Hygiene
Diseases Not Spread Through Food
Proper Handwashing Technique
Clothing, Hair Restraints, Jewelry
Chapter 4 Safe Food Handling
Receiving, Storage and FIFO
Minimum Cooking Temperatures
Using Time as a Public Health Control for Food Safety
Date Marking Requirements for Ready-To-Eat Potentially Hazardous Food (Time/Temperature Control for Safety Food)
Freezing to Control Parasites in Fish
Checking Product Temperatures
Returned Food and Re-Service of Food
Chapter 5 Equipment
Food Equipment, Cleaning and Sanitizing
In-Place Cleaning and Sanitizing
Chemical Usage and Safety
Types of Equipment
Storage of Clean Utensils and Equipment
Warewashing MachinesTypes of Equipment
Cleaning and Maintenance Schedules
Chapter 6 Facilities
Facility Layout, Design and Construction
Chemicals and Storage
Waste Management Practices
Pests and Pest Control
Potable and Non-potable Water
Integrated Pest Management
Cross Connection Control and Backflow Prevention
Imminent Health Hazards
Chapter 7 Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP)
What is HACCP
Food Safety Hazards
The Seven Principles of HACCP
Appendix A: Bacteria, Viruses and Parasites Tables
Identify Critical Control Points
Establish Critical Limits
Monitor Critical Control Points
Establish Corrective Actions
Validation and Verification
Appendix B: Training Your Employees
Appendix C: Response to Foodborne Disease Outbreaks
Glossary of Terms
Web Sites and Publications on Food Safety
Recognized Exam Providers
Chapter Quiz Answers
FDA Forms (Inspection, Health Screening, HACCP)
Posters (Cooking Temperatures and Handwashing)
NSF International (2006)
Owners and managers of food service establishments have a responsibility to provide safe food to their customers. Operators need to understand that the consequences of inadequate food safety knowledge or poor hygienic practices can be very serious. In this class, participants will learn their responsibilities as they relate to providing safe food to customers.
Chapter 2 Hazards and Sources of Contamination
Chapter 3 Employee Health and Personal Hygiene
- Online Training Courses are assigned within 24 hours of purchased (Monday – Friday; Excluding Holiday’s). All online training course purchased are final and are non-refundable. Please verify regulatory requirements prior to purchase. All online course are designed for computer access and will not work with a tablet or smartphones unless specified on course description.
- Physical Items Orders are shipped within 3 business days (Monday – Friday; Excluding Holiday’s) by a third party warehouse and all orders are charged a $12.50 handling fee plus shipping. UPS Next Day Air & 2nd Day Air orders must be placed by 12:00 PM CST to be shipped same day as order placement. Click here to view UPS Ground Transit times.
- Please Note: Business days do not include weekends or holidays and orders shipped via UPS Next or 2nd Day Air may not be delivered until 7:00 PM.
- We cannot ship orders to P.O. boxes.
- Sales tax is configured on HRBUniversal office address 4000 Eagle Point Corporate Drive Birmingham, AL 35242.
- UPS Shipping is configured at our 3rd party fulfillment warehouse at 1750 Wallace Avenue St. Charles, Illinois 60174.
- All orders are pending until payment is received via PayPal or Credit Card processed by Square.
- HRBUniversal LLC Online Store Return Policy