North Dakota Food Safety State Requirements
North Dakota Food Handlers
North Dakota food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the foodservice and hospitality industry. North Dakota food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, daycare centers, and convenience stores).
North Dakota Certified Food Managers
North Dakota requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
North Dakota – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
North Dakota Food Safety State Regulations
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- North Dakota – Mobile Food Requirements (PDF)
- Williams County – Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Bismark – Mobile Food Vendors
- United Tribes International Powwow – Food Vendors
- North Dakota State Fair – Food Vendors
North Dakota Food Safety State Contact Info
North Dakota Department of Health
Division of Disease Control
Food Safety Program
2635 East Main Avenue, P.O. Box 5520
Bismarck, ND 58506-5520
Telephone: (701) 328-2378
We offer online Food Safety Training in North Dakota for: Fargo, Bismarck, Grand Forks, Minot, West Fargo, Dickinson, Williston, Mandan, Jamestown, Wahpeton, Devils Lake, Valley City, Minot AFB, Grafton, Beulah, Rugby, and many more!