New Mexico Food Safety State Requirements
New Mexico Food Handlers
New Mexico food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. New Mexico food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
New Mexico Certified Food Managers
New Mexico requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
New Mexico – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
New Mexico Food Safety State Regulations
- New Mexico Food Code 2016 (PDF)
- New Mexico Administrative Code – Title 7: Health – Chapter 6: Food Handling – Part 2: Food Service and Food Processing – 7.6.2 NMAC (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- New Mexico – Mobile Food Units
- City of Albuquerque – Mobile Food Vending Guide (PDF)
- City of Las Vegas, NM – Mobile Food Vendors
- Albuquerque Journal – Mobile Vendor News
- Santa Fe – New Mexican – Food Truck News
- Las Cruces Country Music Festival – Food Vendors
New Mexico Food Safety State Contact Info
New Mexico Environment Department
1190 St. Francis Dr Suite N4050
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Phone: (800) 219-6157
District Offices: https://www.env.nm.gov/NMED/field_op.html
We offer online Food Safety Training in New Mexico for: Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, Roswell, Farmington, South Valley, Clovis, Hobbs, Alamogordo, Carlsbad, Gallup, Los Lunas, Sunland Park, Deming, Chaparral, and many more!