New Jersey Food Safety State Requirements
New Jersey Food Handlers
New Jersey food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. New Jersey food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
New Jersey Certified Food Managers
New Jersey requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
New Jersey – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination.
New Jersey Food Safety State Regulations
- New Jersey Administrative Code (NJAC) – Title 8: Health – Chapter 24: Sanitation in Retail Food Establishments and Food and Beverage Vending Machines (PDF)
- New Jersey Department of Health – Consumer Food Safety
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- New Jersey NJ Food Vendors
- New Jersey Food Truck Association
- New Jersey Food Truck Association Facebook
- Jersey City – ARTICLE II – Mobile Food Vendors
- Local Health Departments in New Jersey
- Salem County – Mobile Food Vendors
- Bergin County – Temporary Food Vendors
- Cape May County – Mobile Food Operations
- City of New Jersey – Mobile Food Establishments
- Township of Toms River – Mobile Food Vendor
- City of Newark – Street Vending
New Jersey Food Safety State Contact Info
New Jersey Department Health Senior Services
Food and Drug Safety Program
PO Box 369
Trenton, NJ 08625
Phone: (609) 826-4935
We offer online Food Safety Training in New Jersey for: Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Toms River, Clifton, Trenton, Camden, Passaic, Union City, Bayonne, East Orange, Vineland, New Brunswick, Hoboken, Lakewood, and many more!