Nevada Food Safety State Requirements
Nevada Food Handlers
Nevada food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Nevada food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Nevada Certified Food Managers
Nevada requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Nevada – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Nevada Food Safety State Regulations
- Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH) – Food Establishments
- Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH) – Training: Food Establishments
- Southern Nevada Health District – Food Establishment Regulations
- Nevada Administrative Code: Chapter 446 – Food Establishments
- Nevada ANSI Requirement for Food Safety Training Notice
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Food Establishment Regulations – Chapter 10: Mobile Food Units
- Nevada – Temporary Food Establishment Permits (PDF)
- Southern Nevada Health District – Mobile Vendor Units Requirements
- City of Las Vegas – Mobile Food Vendors
- The Chamber – Reno, Sparks, Northern Nevada – Food Truck/Mobile Food Vendor
- Carson Valley Inn – Food Truck Festival
- Edible Reno-Tahoe – Street Eats
- Reno Street Food
- Reno Street Food – Facebook
- Truckee Thursdays
Nevada Food Safety State Contact Info
Nevada Department of Health and Human Services
Division of Public Behavioral Health (DPBH)
Environmental Health Section – Food Establishments
4150 Technology Way, # 101
Carson City. NV 89706
Phone: (775) 687-7533
We offer online Food Safety Training in Nevada for: Las Vegas, Henderson, Reno, Paradise, North Las Vegas, Sunrise Manor, Spring Valley, Enterprise, Sparks, Carson City, Whitney, Pahrump, Winchester, Summerlin South, Fernley, Sun Valley, Elko, Spanish Springs, Mesquite, Boulder City, and many more!