Nebraska Food Safety State Requirements
Nebraska Food Handlers
Nebraska food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Nebraska food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Nebraska Certified Food Managers
Nebraska requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Nebraska – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Nebraska Food Safety State Regulations
- Nebraska Food Code (PDF)
- Nebraska Requirements for Food Establishments
- Nebraska Department of Agriculture – Nebraska Pure Food Act (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Central District Health Department – Mobile Food Vendors
- Douglas County – Temporary Food Vendors
- Food Trucks In – Omaha Nebraska
- Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department – Temporary Food Service
Nebraska Food Safety State Contact Info
Nebraska Department of Agriculture
Food Safety and Consumer Protection
P.O. Box 94947
Lincoln, NE 68509-4947
Phone: (402) 471-2341
We offer online Food Safety Training in Nebraska for: Omaha, Lincoln, Bellevue, Grand Island, Kearney, Fremont, Hastings, North Platte, Norfolk, Columbus, Papillion, La Vista, Scottsbluff, South Sioux City, Beatrice, Chalco, and many more!