Montana Food Safety State Requirements
Montana Food Handlers
Montana food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Montana food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Montana Certified Food Managers
Montana requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Our Food Protection Manager Course and Certification Exam (Learn2Serve) are accredited by Montana as an online Training and Exam provider: Montana Department of Public Health & Human Services – Certified Food Protection Manager Training
Montana – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Montana Food Safety State Regulations
- Administrative Rules of Montana (ARM) – Chapter 37: Department of Health and Human Services – Subchapter 37.110.2: Retail Food Establishments
- Montana Rules for Retail Food Establishments
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Montana Food Code
- Montana Mobile Food Vending
- City of Whitefish – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
- Destination Missoula – Food Trucks and Mobile Food
- City of Billings – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
Montana Food Safety State Contact Info
Montana Department of Public Health & Human Services
Health Policy and Services Division
Communicable Disease Control & Prevention Bureau
Food & Consumer Safety Section
P O BOX 202951 / 1400 Broadway – Rm. C-214
Helena, MT 59620-2951
Phone: (406) 444 -2408
We offer online Food Safety Training in Montana
Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Bozeman, Butte-Silver Bow, Helena, Kalispell, Havre, Anaconda-Deer Lodge County, Miles City, Helena Valley West Central, Belgrade, Helena Valley Southeast, Livingston, Lockwood, Laurel, and