Mississippi Food Safety State Requirements
Mississippi Food Handlers
Mississippi food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Mississippi food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Mississippi Certified Food Managers
Mississippi requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Mississippi – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Mississippi Food Safety State Regulations
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Mississippi Food Safety Regulations
- Mississippi Local Health Departments
- Mississippi Food Truck Association
- City of Jackson – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
- Biloxi Seafood Festival – Mobile Food Vendor
Mississippi Food Safety State Contact Info
Mississippi State Department of Health
570 East Woodrow Wilson Drive
Jackson, MS 39216
We offer online Food Safety Training in Mississippi for: Jackson, Gulfport, Southaven, Hattiesburg, Biloxi, Meridian, Tupelo, Olive Branch, Greenville, Horn Lake, Pearl, Clinton, Madison, Starkville, Ridgeland, Vicksburg, and many more!