Minnesota Food Safety State Requirements
Minnesota Food Handlers
Minnesota food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Minnesota food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Minnesota Certified Food Managers
Minnesota requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Minnesota – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Minnesota Food Safety State Regulations
- Minnesota Administrative Rules: Chapter 4626, Food Code
- Minnesota Food Code – Minnesota Rules – Chapter 4626.2000–2525 Certified Food Manager Requirements
- Minnesota Department of Health – Minnesota Certified Food Manager (CFM)
- Minnesota Regulation 570 – Manager Certification (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Minnesota Food Code
- Minnesota Certified Food Manager (CFM) Facts
- Minnesota Department of Health – Mobile Food Units
- Minnesota Mobile Food Handler License
- Minnesota Food Truck Association
- Minnesota Food Truck Fair
- City of Minneapolis – Mobile Food Vehicle Vendor (PDF)
- City of St. Paul – Mobile Food Vending
- City of Duluth – Mobile Food Vehicles (PDF)
- Olmsted County – Mobile Food Units
- Minneapolis- St. Paul Street Food Directory – Heavy Table
- Ramsey County – Temporary Food Service
- City of Sartell – Mobile Food Vendore (PDF)
- City of Hutchinson – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
- City of St. Cloud – Mobile Food Units (PDF)
- Minnesota State Fair – Become a Vendor
Minnesota Food Safety State Contact Info
Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
Environmental Health Division
Food Manager Certification (FMC)
625 Robert St. N
P.O. Box 64975
St. Paul, MN 55164-0975
Phone: (651) 201-5000
CFM Web: http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/eh/food/cfm/
We offer online Food Safety Training in Minnesota for: Minneapolis, St. Paul, Rochester, Duluth, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, Plymouth, St. Cloud, Eagan, Woodbury, Maple Grove, Eden Prairie, Coon Rapids, Burnsville, Blaine, Lakeville, and many more!