Massachusetts Food Safety State Requirements
Massachusetts Food Handlers
Massachusetts food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Massachusetts food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Massachusetts Certified Food Managers
Massachusetts requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Massachusetts – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Massachusetts Food Safety State Regulations
- Code of Massachusetts Regulations (CMR) – Title 105: Department of Public Health – Section 590: State Sanitary Code – Chapter 10: Minimum Sanitation Standards for Food Establishments – 105 CMR 590.003(A)(2) (PDF)
- Massachusetts Food Safety Regulations
- City of Boston – Food Manager Certification Program
- Massachusetts Food Manager Requirements (FAQs)
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Massachusetts County Health Department Links and City Gov links
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- City of Boston – Mobile Food Trucks
- Food Trucks in Boston – Guide (PDF)
- City of Somerville – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- Town of Brookline – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- City of Northampton – Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Newton – Mobile Food Vendors
- Town of Wellesley – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
- Town of Hull – Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Worchester – Mobile Food Units (PDF)
Massachusetts Food Safety State Contact Info
Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services
Food Protection Program
305 South Street
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
Phone: (617) 983-6700
We offer online Food Safety Training in Massachusetts for: Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Lowell, Cambridge, New Bedford, Brockton, Quincy, Lynn, Fall River, Newton, Somerville, Lawrence, Framingham, Waltham, Haverhill, Walpole, and many more!