Louisiana Food Safety State Requirements
Louisiana Food Handlers
Louisiana food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Louisiana food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Louisiana Certified Food Managers
Louisiana requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Louisiana – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Louisiana Food Safety State Regulations
- Louisiana Administrative Code Title 51 – Public Health – Sanitary Code – Part XXIII. Retail Food Establishments (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- City of New Orleans – Mobile Food Vendor
- City of New Orleans – Food Truck Permit
- New Orleans Food Ordinance News
- Mardi Gras Food Vendors
- Baton Rouge Food Truck Wroundup
Louisiana Food Safety State Contact Info
Louisiana Department of Health & Hospitals
628 N. 4th Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Phone: (225) 342-9500
We offer online Food Safety Training in Louisiana for: New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Shreveport, Metairie, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Kenner, Bossier City, Monroe, Alexandria, Houma, Marrero, New Iberia, Laplace, Prairieville, Central, and many more!