Kentucky Food Safety State Requirements
Kentucky Food Handlers
Kentucky food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Kentucky food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Kentucky Certified Food Managers
Kentucky requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Kentucky – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Kentucky Food Safety State Regulations
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Temporary Food Service Set-up Guidelines (DOC)
- Lexington Fayette County – Temporary/Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Louisville – Mobile Food Unit Vendor
- City of Louisville – Street Vendor Info
- City of Evanston – Mobile Food Vendor
- City of Bardstown – Mobile Food Vendor (PDF)
- Northern Kentucky – Independent Health Department
- Louisville Food Truck Association
- Lexington Food Trucks
- Eat Kentucky – Mobile Food Vendors
- Louisville, Kentucky Mobile Food Unit Vendor Resources
- Louisville Small Business Development Center (SBDC) – Operating a Food Truck Business in Louisville, Kentucky (PDF)
- Northern Kentucky Health Department – Retail Food
- Kentucky Food Safety Branch
- Paducah, Kentucky City Commission Food Truck Rules
Kentucky Food Safety State Contact Info
Kentucky Food Safety Branch
Food Safety Program
Health Services Building
275 East Main Street
Frankfort, KY 40621
Phone: (502) 564-7181
We offer online Food Safety Training in Kentucky for: Louisville, Lexington-Fayette, Bowling Green, Owensboro, Covington, Richmond, Hopkinsville, Florence, Georgetown, Elizabethtown, Henderson, Nicholasville, Frankfort, Jeffersontown, Independence, Paducah, and many more!