Kansas Food Safety State Requirements
Kansas Food Handlers
Kansas food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Kansas food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Kansas Certified Food Managers
Kansas requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Kansas – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Kansas Food Safety State Regulations
- Kansas Department of Agriculture – Division of Food Safety and Lodging – Kansas Food Code (PDF)
- Kansas Food Safety Educational Materials: http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/food-safety-educational-materials
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Kansas – Department of Agriculture – Food Code (PDF)
- Kansas Sample Foundation
- Jackson County – Mobile Food Vendor Plan
- City of Leavenworth – Mobile Food Vendor
- City of Lawrence – Mobile Food Vendor
- City of Wichita – Mobile Street Vending (PDF)
- The Wichita Eagle – Mobile Food Vendors
- Visit Topeka – Capital City Food Truck Festival
Kansas Food Safety State Contact Info
Kansas Department of Agriculture
1320 Research Park Drive
Manhattan, Kansas 66502
Phone: (785) 564-6700
Kansas Food Safety Licenses: http://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/food-safety-lodging/food-safety-licenses
We offer online Food Safety Training in Kansas for: Wichita, Overland Park, Kansas City, Olathe, Topeka, Lawrence, Shawnee, Manhattan, Lenexa, Salina, Hutchinson, Leavenworth, Leawood, Dodge City, Garden City, Emporia, and many more!