Idaho Food Safety State Requirements
Idaho Food Handlers
Idaho food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Idaho food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Idaho Certified Food Managers
Idaho requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Idaho – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Idaho Food Safety State Regulations
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- Eastern Idaho – Food Service Vendors (PDF)
- Central Idaho – Food Vendor’s Packet (PDF)
- City of Boise – Municipal Code – Chapter 5-12-11 – Mobile Vendors
- Panhandle Health District – Mobile Food Service (PDF)
Idaho Food Safety State Contact Info
Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
450 West State Street
Boise, Idaho 83702.
Phone: (208) 334-5938
We offer online Food Safety Training in Idaho for: Boise, Nampa, Meridian, Missoula, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Caldwell, Coeur d’Alene, Twin Falls, Lewiston, Post Falls, Rexburg, Moscow, Eagle, Kuna, Ammon, Chubbuck, and many more!