Hawaii Food Safety State Requirements
Hawaii Food Handlers
Hawaii food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the foodservice and hospitality industry. Hawaii food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, daycare centers, and convenience stores).
Hawaii Certified Food Managers
Hawaii requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Hawaii – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Hawaii Food Safety State Regulations
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- Hawaii – Temporary Food Establishments
- Hawaii Food Safety Code – HAR Chapter 11-50
- Street Grindz – Hawaii Mobile Food Community
- Roaming Hunger – Honolulu Food Trucks
- Hawaii Business – Operating a Lunch Wagon in Honolulu
Hawaii Food Safety State Contact Info
Hawaii Department of Health
Environmental Health Program Manager
591 Ala Moana Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: (808) 586-8020
We offer online Food Safety Training in Hawaii for: Honolulu, East Honolulu, Pearl City, Hilo, Waipahu, Kailua, Honolulu County, Kaneohe, Mililani Town, Kahului, Ewa Gentry, Kihei, Mililani Mauka, Makakilo, Schofield Barracks, Wahiawa, Kapolei, Molokai, and many more!