This manager-level food safety training course will prepare you to take the nationally approved Food Protection Manager Certification Exam.
Available in English and Español. You will have an opportunity to choose your language after purchase.
- Be familiar with all types of food hazards
- Be particularly familiar with the most common, pervasive, and dangerous food hazards
- Know the different conditions and situations in which hazards enter the food
- Know risk factors that make foodservice situations more vulnerable to hazards
- Have necessary resources to identify different foodborne illnesses, their symptoms, and associated foods
- Understand the fundamental behaviors, techniques, and practices that keep food safe
- Be prepared to teach and train employees on safe food practices
- Understand what types of programs and policies will help accomplish food safety goals
- Be able to follow specific steps to create and implement the most important food safety systems
- Know how facility design can promote systemic food safety
The training is designed to prepare food managers (persons in charge) to take the nationally approved Food Protection Manager Certification Exam or to fulfill a demonstration of knowledge requirement. Training is optional in most areas; check your local requirements to be sure. The practice test is optional, but is provided for free with this training!
For a full explanation of this process, view How to Get Certified.
The full training is 8 hours. You may choose to complete the full course or review only the topics you need. Stop and start as needed. Take the practice test to prepare for the Food Protection Manager Certification Exam.
The StateFoodSafety Food Safety Manager Training Certificate of Completion is valid for 5 years.
All Online Courses are assigned with 24 Business Hours and once activated the course must be completed within 90 days of activation.
ALL ONLINE COURSE PURCHASE ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE.