Florida Food Safety State Requirements
Florida Food Handlers
Florida food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Florida food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Food Safety First!
Food Safety First! is an approved Florida food worker training program, meeting all requirements of Chapter 509 of the Florida Administrative Code.
Florida Certified Food Managers
Florida requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Florida – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Florida Food Safety State Regulations
- Florida Statues – Title XXIX: Public Health – Chapter 381: General Provisions – 381.0072 Food service protection
- Florida Administrative Code – Food Hygiene Rule – Chapter 64E-11 (PDF)
Food Truck and Food Vendor Rules and Associations
- Florida – Mobile Food Establishments (PDF)
- Florida – Department of Business Regulation – Mobile Food Dispensing Vehicles
- Miami-Dade County – Mobile Food Service Operations
- Orlando Weekly – Orlando New food Truck Rules
- Orlando Food Trucks
- Central Florida Food Truck Alliance
- City of Tallahassee – Mobile Food Vendors (PDF)
- Tallahassee – Food Truck Association
- Jax Truckies
Florida Food Safety State Contact Info
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Division of Food Safety
3125 Conner Boulevard, Suite D
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1650
Phone: (850) 245-5520
Food Manager Certification: http://www.floridahealth.gov/environmental-health/food-safety-and-sanitation/food-manager.html
We offer online Food Safety Training in Florida for: Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa, Orlando, St. Petersburg, Hialeah, Tallahassee, Fort Lauderdale, Port St. Lucie, Cape Coral, Pembroke Pines, Hollywood, Miramar, Gainesville, Coral Springs, Miami Gardens, Key Biscayne, Palm Beach, Niceville, Parkland, and many more!