Delaware Food Safety State Requirements
Delaware Food Handlers
Delaware food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Delaware food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Delaware Certified Food Managers
Delaware requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Delaware – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our LFood Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Delaware Food Safety State Regulations
- Delaware Administrative Code: Title 16 : Department of Health and Social Services : Division of Public Health : Health Systems Protection (HSP) – Section 4458: State of Delaware Food Code Regulations
- State of Delaware Food Code
Delaware Food Safety State Contact Info
Delaware Health and Social Services
Office of Food Protection
417 Federal Street
Jesse Cooper Building
Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 744-4700
We offer online Food Safety Training in Delaware for Dover, Newark, Wilmington, Middletown, Bear, Glasgow, Brookside, Hockessin, Kent County, New Castle County, Sussex County, and much more!