Connecticut Food Safety State Requirements
Connecticut Food Handlers
Connecticut food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Connecticut food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Connecticut Certified Food Managers
Connecticut requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Connecticut – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Connecticut Food Safety State Regulations
- Connecticut Department of Public Health – Public Health Code – 19-13-B40. Sanitation of Foodstuffs (Doc)
- Connecticut Department of Public Health – Public Health Code – 19-13-B48. Itinerant Food Vending (Doc)
- Connecticut Department of Public Health – Public Health Code – 19-13-B42, 48, 49. Qualified Food Operator (PDF)
Connecticut Food Safety State Contact Info
Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection
Department of Public Health
Food Protection Program
165 Capitol Avenue, Room 165
Hartford, CT 06134
Phone: (860) 713-6160
We offer online Food Safety Training in Connecticut for: Bridgeport, New Haven, Stamford, Hartford, Waterbury, Norwalk, Danbury, New Britain, West Hartford, Meriden, Bristol, West Haven, Stratford, Milford, East Hartford, Middletown, Greenwich, Mystic, Newtown, Bethel, South Windsor, and many more!
Connecticut Food Truck & Mobile Food Vendor State Laws & Regulations