The Certified Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS) credential is designed for individuals within the public and private sectors whose primary responsibility is the protection and safety of food. The exam for this prestigious credential integrates food microbiology, hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) principles, and regulatory requirements into questions that test problem-solving skills and specialized knowledge.
NEHA has designed and developed an online preparatory course to help properly prepare those looking to challenge and successfully pass the CP-FS exam.
The Certified Professional–Food Safety (CP-FS) online course has been developed by industry experts from across the various food safety disciplines to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to help ensure safe food in any retail environment — as a quality assurance or quality control manager, a facility manager, a food-safe chemical supplier, or as a regulatory inspector/investigator.
Who Should Take the Course?
This course is designed to help candidates prepare for the National Environmental Health Association’s CP-FS credential examination.
Upon completion of the course, participants will know and understand:
- Causes and prevention of foodborne illness
- HACCP plans and active managerial control
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Conducting facility plan reviews
- Pest control
- Risk-based inspections
- Sampling food for laboratory analysis
- Food defense
- Responding to food emergencies and foodborne illness outbreaks
- Legal aspects of food safety
At the end of the course, there is a practice exam that consists of 50 multiple-choice questions pulled from a test battery of 165 questions to help participants confirm their understanding of course content and help prepare for the written exam. Test questions are randomly selected from a test bank, making each test unique. Participants can retake the final test up to three times.
This online course made up of 40 self-paced lessons. Participants may leave the course at anytime and can resume where they left off. Total course duration depends on individual learning styles and prior knowledge of the subject matter.
About the CP-FS exam
The written exam consists of a total of 120 multiple-choice questions. Candidates are given a total of two (2) hours to complete the written exam. Below is an outline of the eight (8) different content areas the examination covers and the percentages allotted to each of those areas:
A) Developing Food Safety Policies, Procedures, and Training - 20.00%
B) Assessing Food Safety - 33.33%
C) Reviewing Establishment Plans - 10.00%
D) Investigating Foodborne Illness - 15.00%
E) Performing Recall Activities - 6.67%
F) Managing Food Defense Practices - 6.67%
G) Responding to Emergencies - 8.33%
Certified Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS)
Enter Coupon Code 344809 and receive a 15% discount from HRBUniversal.
- HACCP Basics for Processors and Manufacturers
- HACCP Basics for Processors and Manufacturers - Bundle
- HACCP Basics for the Fresh and Fresh-Cut Produce Industry
- HACCP Managing Food Safety at the Retail Level Bundle
- HACCP Managing Food Safety at the Retail Level
- HACCP for Food Handlers
- HACCP Basics for the Bottled Water Processors
- Certified Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS)
- Certified Professional - Food Safety (CP-FS) Bundle
- GHS Training for Managers & Supervisors
- GHS Training for U.S. Workers