California Food Defense Certification Courses & Exams – Food Defense is the effort to protect food from acts of intentional adulteration. In May 2016 FDA issued the final rule on Mitigation Strategies to Protect Food Against Intentional Adulteration with requirements for covered facilities to prepare and implement food defense plans.
FDA works with the private sector and other government agencies on activities related to food defense, including conducting research and analysis, developing and delivering training and outreach, and conducting exercises. In addition, FDA has developed a number of tools and resources to help food facilities prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from acts of intentional adulteration of the food supply. Get Food Defense and Emergency Coordination updates by E-mail.
Tools & Resources
- Food Defense 101 (including ALERT)
- Food Defense Plan Builder
- Employees FIRST
- See Something, Say Something™ Campaign
- Mitigation Strategies Database
Education & Outreach
- Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance: Intentional Adulteration Subcommittee
- Food Defense Materials Order Form (PDF – 1.3MB)
Private Food Defense Certification Course & Exam
The food defense solution for food service and retail establishments. The SURE Food Defense Managers Manual uses the SHARE principle to protect the global food supply. If food is your business, then you need SURE Food Defense! SURE Food Defense using the SHARE (Strategy, Hazards, Accessibility, Restriction, and Enforcement) principle provides a solid foundation for you to protect against the intentional contamination of food. SHARE incorporates science-based mitigation strategies applied at specific vulnerable points in your operation. This manual is the highest-level training course and certification designed for managers, supervisors, and leaders on how to: • Know their food defense role as it applies to their daily activities; • Understand and implement the SHARE principle to their operation; • Analyze the flow of food and how food defense is essential; and • Prioritize their food defense activities. Included in this manual is a SURE answer sheet that will be used by the participant when taking the examination to become SURE Food Defense certified. Once they receive a passing score, the SURE Food Defense certification is proof of demonstration of knowledge. Each successful participant will be awarded a SURE Certificate and wallet card. After completing the course participants will be able to: • Create a food defense culture; • Write a food defense plan, and • Build the confidence of their managers and employees. Food defense is critical to the safety of our world. The best way to provide food defense is to SHARE the responsibility throughout your organization. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive food defense solution that protects our global food supply from acts of intentional contamination, ultimately protecting public health and the world’s economy. Request a Private Class by Email – Chef Brad Peters; CFBE, FMP, CF-SP
Course & Exam Prices:
- $925.00 for up to 6 people. Each person over 6 people the cost is $95.00 per person. These prices include UPS Ground Shipping of books to one location if booking is before 10 business days. If payment is received under 5 business days you will be charged shipping & handling for express shipping.
- You host on-site and/or off-site at the hotel. (You Supply)
- No Minimum of People, 30 People Maximum per Instructor/Proctor
- Taught 7 Days a Week
- 8 Hour Course – 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Lecture (Breaks given during the day & time can be changed to meet your operation needs)
- Lunch Break – 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM
- 5:00 PM Test (If you are taking a computer proctored exam make sure you bring your laptop with WiFi). You have 2 hours to complete the test but most take 45 minutes to an hour.
Scheduled can be changed but just know prior to booking to verify instructor/proctor travel schedule.
- All participants that attend training session will receive a SURE Food Defense Managers Manual shipped ahead of time at no extra cost via UPS Ground. If payment is received under 5 business days you will be charged shipping & handling for express shipping.
Course & Exam Language(s):
- This class is taught in English. Exams are available in English, Only. Please specify exam language during registration. If not specified English will be the default exam & book.
Instructor Lead Courses & Certification Exams
All HRBUniversal training classes with exam sessions registration close seven (7) business days before the class date at 9:00 am. If registration is still open only electronic tickets can be purchased.
(Click link for more information & registration)
At this time HRBUniversal does not have an Instructor Lead Courses & Exams in your area.
The FDA has finalized a new food safety rule under the landmark, bipartisan FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) that will help to prevent wide-scale public health harm by requiring companies in the United States and abroad to take steps to prevent intentional adulteration of the food supply.