Arizona State Food Safety Requirements
Arizona Food Handlers
Arizona food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Arizona food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
Arizona Certified Food Managers
Arizona requires each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training to help you prepare for the nationally-accredited ANSI Certification Exam.
- The ANSI Certification Exam is taken to certify that the food manager has demonstrated that he or she has the knowledge, skills and abilities required to protect the public from foodborne illness.
- The Food Manager Certification is usually valid for 5 years. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Arizona – Food Manager Certification (ANSI)
Our Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.
Arizona State Food Safety Regulations
- Arizona Food Safety Regulations
- Arizona Food Code Technical Requirements
- Arizona Administrative Code Title 9, Chapter 8, Article 1 – Arizona State Food Safety Rules
Arizona State Food Safety Contact Info
Arizona Office of Environmental Health
Food Safety and Environmental Services
150 N. 18th Avenue – Suite 130
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Phone: (602) 364-3118