Updated on 09/11/2017
1. Types of Information Collected
· Personal Data
· Aggregate and Anonymous Data
3. Our Use of Your Information
4. Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
· Disclosure to Affiliates
· Disclosure to Third Parties
· Disclosure to Others
5. Third Party Advertising and Links to Other Sites
6. Your Choice
7. Access and Correction
8. Children and Privacy
9. Message Boards, Chat Rooms, Blogs and Other User Forums
10. Data Security
12. Other Terms and Conditions
13. Site Location
15. Contacting HRBUniversalRegarding Your Privacy
In addition, we may use a service that collects data remotely by using so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) embedded in the Site’s content. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1×1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors’ hard drives. This information is AA data.
3. Our Use of Your Data: Personal Data: We will use your Personal Data for the purposes for which it was provided. For example, if you provide Personal Data to register for a newsletter or a text messaging service, to enter a contest or a sweepstake, or to purchase goods or services, we will use it to register you for or provide you with those goods or services. We may also use your Personal Data to provide you with information about features, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you. We also may send information or offers to selected groups of Site users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give those businesses your name or address. Under certain circumstances (for example, if you win a contest) we may post your Personal Data on the Site. We will notify you of this possibility when you provide the Personal Data and, if possible, when the Personal Data is posted.
Cookies and similar tools may be used to relate your use of the Site and AA Data to Personal Data obtained from you. If any AA Data is linked with Personal Data, the linked AA Data will then be treated as Personal Data.
AA Data: We may also use Personal Data in aggregate form for purposes of research or analysis. In order to better understand and serve the users of the Site and Other Services, HRBUniversal often conducts research on its customer demographics, interests and behavior based on Personal Data we gather. Although this aggregated data may be based in part on Personal Data, it does not identify you personally. HRBUniversal may share this type of AA Data with a variety of third parties, including its affiliates, agents, and current and prospective business partners.
We may use AA Data collected from the Site for site administration, advertising, and promotional purposes, and we may share such information with various affiliated and unaffiliated entities for such purposes. For example, IP addresses are used for the purposes of system administration and to provide AA Data to advertisers about the volume of use on the Site, and Clickstream Data and demographic AA Data may be shared with our advertisers and business partners. We may also enter into agreements with outside companies that possess technology that allows the Site to customize the advertising and marketing messages you receive on the Site. This data (including Clickstream Data about your activities on our Site) may be shared with these companies for this purpose.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data: Disclosure to Affiliates: We reserve the right to share Personal Data with our affiliates. If you do not want us to share your Personal Data with our affiliated companies for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of such sharing by contacting us at Unsubscibe@HRBUni.com(see “Your Choices” below).
Disclosure to Third Parties: HRBUniversal, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf such as hosting specific portions of the Site, maintaining databases, administering contests, providing wireless services, mailing information and processing payments. When we employ a third party to perform these functions, that third party will only be provided with the particular Personal Data it needs to perform its function, and is required to protect the Personal Data. For third-party sponsored sweepstakes, contests or promotions, we may request Personal Data from you that may be shared with the sponsor upon request.
Disclosure to Others: In addition, we may disclose Personal Data without providing you with a choice under the following limited circumstances to: (1) protect the legal rights, privacy or safety of HRBUniversal or its subsidiaries, affiliates or its or their employees, agents and contractors; (2) protect the safety and security of visitors to our web sites or other properties; (3) protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes; (4) respond to inquiries or requests from public authorities; (5) permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; (6) enforce our Terms of Service; or (7) comply with the law or legal process.
6. Your Choices: You can use the Site and certain Other Services without providing any Personal Data, but if you decline to provide Personal Data, you may not be able to use certain services or features. If you have previously provided Personal Data to the Site and have subscribed to one or more email newsletters or are receiving emails or other communications from the Site and you do not want to receive such emails, please discontinue your subscriptions by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any message, or contacting us at: Unsubscibe@HRBUni.com. If you ask that we stop using your Personal Data, we will honor that request. However, we will retain records of your Personal Data as needed in order to comply with applicable federal, state, or local law.
7. Access and Correction: If you would like to review, correct or change the Personal Data that you have previously provided us, please contact us at Webmaster@hrbuni.net We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession.
8. Children and Privacy: We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the sites visited by their children. At various places on the Site or Other Services, we may ask users for their age. By using the Site or Other Services you agree to respond truthfully and accurately about your age. Children under the age of 13 years of age are expressly prohibited from submitting or posting any Personal Data on the Site or Other Services.
9. Message Boards, Chat Rooms, Blogs and Other User Forums: Please remember that information posted to message boards, chat rooms, blogs and other user forums becomes public information. Use caution when posting. Individuals under the age of 18 should be especially careful not to provide any personally identifiable information when participating in any area of the Site where postings might become public. Please see our Terms of Service for the standards of behavior that must be followed when using these portions of the Site or Other Services.
10. Data Security Disclaimer: HRBUniversal takes reasonable security precautions to secure the Personal Data that you choose to provide against the loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access of such information. Unfortunately, no transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of HRBUniversal to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us of the problem by contacting us at Unsubscibe@HRBUni.net.
12. Other Terms and Conditions: Your access to and use of this Site or Other Services is subject to the Terms of Service.
13. Applicable Law: We control and operate this Site from the United States. The Site is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Please note that we do not represent or warrant that the Site is appropriate for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so at their own initiative and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
HRBUniversal | 4000 Eagle Point Corporate Drive | Birmingham, Alabama 35242
855.4HRBUni (855.447.2864) | 866.WeGoHRB (866.934.6472)
Talk | Text | Fax